Preceremony Clip - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 28th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #16
Inner Circle

forgot to ask, are u mixing this as a stereo track or a 5.1 track? Reason i ask is that those speakers are 2.1 which u can easily use to monitor a 5.1 mix, basically in vegas, u create a 5.1 mix, and mute the rear and centre speaker.
Do all ur mixing and when ur done, duplicate that track and spereate it from its master. Go to panner and select LFE and voila, instant suibwoofer.. youll need to check this element of the mix though.

When delivering, jsut render out as a 5.1 track. In teh playback device, it will recognise 5.1, BUT your mix being 2.1 will only utlise those speakers.
Im really rather miffed that DVDArchitect doesnt allow for these variable in Dolby encodes <even though u can render tehm, u cant use them in DVDA unless its pure stereo or pure 5.1> , but this is one way you can give ur clients a decent mix and the use of their subwoofer
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #17
Major Player

Where did you find that musical score. Its wonderful. I have a few of my own done by friends who are now in the music bussines, but it was paid for in good old reliable dollars, but its not as tear jerky as the one you have.... I love it, you made it yourself?

Props to your work. I'm scared, cause I've only done one wedding, and it was a friends one, and pretty basic at that. I'm going to have to set my standards higher evermore... Thumbs up all the way man.
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
forgot to ask, are u mixing this as a stereo track or a 5.1 track? Reason i ask is that those speakers are 2.1 which u can easily use to monitor a 5.1 mix, basically in vegas, u create a 5.1 mix, and mute the rear and centre speaker.
Do all ur mixing and when ur done, duplicate that track and spereate it from its master. Go to panner and select LFE and voila, instant suibwoofer.. youll need to check this element of the mix though.

When delivering, jsut render out as a 5.1 track. In teh playback device, it will recognise 5.1, BUT your mix being 2.1 will only utlise those speakers.
Im really rather miffed that DVDArchitect doesnt allow for these variable in Dolby encodes <even though u can render tehm, u cant use them in DVDA unless its pure stereo or pure 5.1> , but this is one way you can give ur clients a decent mix and the use of their subwoofer
All my productions are 2.1. I haven't even tried to produce 5.1 as of yet. I know the LX4's are expandable to 5.1 which is nice. I don't, however, know if it'll be something I venture into for wedding production though. Sound quite interesting though- and I love how the surround panner works in Vegas.

Regarding the chorus filter you spoke of...I'll have to definitly take a look into it. I deal mostly in visual filters- I haven't explored even 1/4 of the potential in the audio realm in Vegas and or Forge.
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Glen

Really nice work. Colours, tones and highlights spot on!

I thought your sound was great, but I do agree about the chorus effect...very nice if used right.

Cheers

Tony
Tony Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Considering the level of quality your videos carry, 5.1 mixing would reallybe a boon to the final product. The fact that 5.1 give u the full 20Kz bandwidth as well as the additional wow factor of the additional channels, would really bring out the fullness of any mix. With VO like this as an example, you can duplicate that VO track (centre channel), and run a completely wet reverb/chorus/exciter and send that straight through your FR/FL RL and RR channels, and THIS would REALLY fatten up ANY sound... in this case, i woudl even recommend a tempo delay to have the closing elements of teh VO segments paced in sync with the tempo of the music bed.

Once you get into this style of mixing, you'll soon change he way you work with audio and its when this happens that youll see how much more power and flexibility you have within the whole editing environment within Vegas

for what it is, Vegas is THE most powerful NLE by far, even Avid and FCP cant do half the stuff Vegas can do
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #21
Major Player

for what it is, Vegas is THE most powerful NLE by far, even Avid and FCP cant do half the stuff Vegas can do[/QUOTE]

Semi-biting tongue here because i have gotten into too many fruitless discussions about NLEs but needless to say that is simply not a true statement. FCP can do things Vegas can't or not as well..without a script or aux app.

And yes, Vegas can do some things that FCP can't..big deal...

but to call it "THE most powerful by far" is just hyperbole and nothing more.
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #22
Inner Circle

dude, everyones entitled to their opinion, and the fact i sell this stuff for a living gives me exposure to every and all NLEs on the market..
And with my opinion, i chose to say that "FOR WHAT IT IS, VEGAS IS STILL THE MOST POWERFUL nle on the market. "
And i still stand by that statement.

In Glens case (which is what i was actually refering to considering the discussion about his audio options) he has the best tool at his disposal for what he wamts to do with the audio ele,emts within his videos. He obviously knows how to utilise the video elements to full effect, Im just showing how much MORE can be done to improve his product

This isnt a "my nle is better than yours" thread
Old March 29th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
And with my opinion, i chose to say that "FOR WHAT IT IS, VEGAS IS STILL THE MOST POWERFUL nle on the market. "
And i still stand by that statement
True..you did add "for what it is" in your orginal statment. And what it is is a great all around NLE (probably the best on the PC side of things) for event video. It gives you alot for a very good price. I would use it for event stuff if I were using a PC.

However, your statement that "FCP & Avid can't do half the things that Vegas can do" is simply wrong...opinion or otherwise. I am standing by that statement. ;)
Old March 29th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #24
Inner Circle

and sticking to the topic, Glens work still kicks ass
Old March 29th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
and sticking to the topic, Glens work still kicks ass

No argument there! :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques