Digital Juice for weddings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #1
Trustee

Digital Juice for weddings

Anybody using these? I've used the Editor's Toolkits for corporate stuff and they work quite well, but I've never considered their wedding stuff.

Honestly, I don't see them being my "style" for wedding video. I'd almost expect it to make the video appear dated in just a few years.

So has anyone used them with successful results?
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:13 AM   #2
Major Player

I own ETK 2, 3, 7, 10 and frankly find myself using 10 and 2 the most. The wedding kits I usually will just pull a matte or two from.

ETK 10 is loaded with cool overlays though..
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Oh, good! I just ordered ETK's 4, 6, and 10. Should be here this week. I've been wanting ETK 3 - Weddings, but thought I'd get more use out of the others (I've got ETK's 1 & 2 also - and I use those a LOT). Really excited about ETK 10 now.
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:38 AM   #4
Major Player

ETK 10 is pretty good.. Just got #2 the other day when I ordered SoundFX (WHICH IS AWESOME!) and a couple stack tracks as part of their NAB deal. let me know what you think about 4 and 6...
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #5
Inner Circle

u know its funny, everyone cringes at the thought of generic footage etc etc, but the clients love it, i cant remember which ones ive got here, but ive got samples and samples coming out of my butt...

12 inch design were also releasing a toolkit to go up against digital juice, but i dunno how good they fare..

Also the Ulead pick a video volumes (the CG ones) are awesome for corporate work

anyone interested in a trade?? (is that allowed?? LOL) if not u can delete this part..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #6
Trustee

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered ETK 7 (Wedding Tools II). If nothing else, I'll use it for my demo video.

I already have ETK 6 & 10.

If anyone is interested in "dipping their toes" in the Digital Juice waters, they have a smoking hot deal going on right now. Check their website for the NAB $349 deal on the sound effects + stack trax + ETK deal.

If you don't like them, they will easily sell for more on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Slonaker
Oh, good! I just ordered ETK's 4, 6, and 10. Should be here this week. I've been wanting ETK 3 - Weddings, but thought I'd get more use out of the others (I've got ETK's 1 & 2 also - and I use those a LOT). Really excited about ETK 10 now.
ETK 6 & 10 are VERY nice. You won't be disappointed!
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 07:15 AM   #7
Major Player

I bought DJ a couple of years ago and used one of their animated backgrounds for a wedding movie. This is just my opinon, but I think they get dated real fast and I won't use them anymore. Since I want each wedding to be unique, I can't justify using commercial footage that might show up on someone else's wedding movie.
Bob
Bob Harotunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #8
Major Player

Their SoundFX Package is just stellar. It works great for Video work and Flash Design.

The great thing about the editors toolkits is that you can use it over and over and change the designs and colors. I agree the backgrounds could get dated, but the overlays and mattes you can always adjust and change to make work in different ways. Especially if your doing commercial work.
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #9
Major Player

Well, I got ETK's 4, 6, and 10 in yesterday. WOW! WELL worth the money. ETK 10 alone is about as crammed as it can get for 10 DVDs. I agree, the alpha wipes and elements will never get old. VERY useful. I just wish the Juicer 2 interface was a little more robust. But, I ain't complainin' too much.
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I ordered the NAB- No-Show special and I am sold. I love it. I recommend it to anyone in NLE.
Dan Minor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques