Sennheiser Evolution A B or C? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 20th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sennheiser Evolution A B or C?

Is there any advantage to getting the A(518-544MHz), B(626-662MHz), or C(740-776MHz) Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 series wireless lav kits? Which version (if any) would likely have the least interference problems?
Roger Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

To add to Rogers question...which lav mic, the ME2 or the ME4 would be better for micing a groom? Those are the two mics that are offered with the Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 kits.
Jim Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 12:12 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Mason
Is there any advantage to getting the A(518-544MHz), B(626-662MHz), or C(740-776MHz) Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 series wireless lav kits? Which version (if any) would likely have the least interference problems?
The different bands are to keep your mics away from constant carrier interference which basically translates to TV signals. Take a look at the bands that are available and determine which TV channels fall into those slots, pick the ones that are not in your area and you'll likely be in really good shape.

Oh, one thing to consider, 700mhz where the current channels 60-69 reside are being opened up to police and fire public safety in just a few short years. Try to stay away from that area, go lower if you can, besides signals travel better the lower the frequency they are.

Miguel
Old April 21st, 2006, 04:49 AM   #4
Wrangler

Roger,

You might find these threads helpful:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ght=Sennheiser
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ght=Sennheiser

I live in the Clear Lake area of Houston and use my Senn G2 "C Band" only occasionally. But I have never yet had to even move it off the default frequency in the 18 or so months I've had it.

Although I can't directly compare the two mics, I've been really happy with the ME2 that comes standard. It is tiny yet voices sound surprisingly good.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 12:57 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks guys for the info, I think I'll go with the C. I should have searched that audio forum before posting.

Pete, I'm up in the Woodlands, did you survive the storm this morning?
Roger Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:14 PM   #6
Wrangler

Power went out for a couple of seconds, otherwise no problems. Just the harbinger of a long hurricaine season, I'm afraid. When the next hurricane blows through, I guess it won't much matter which microphone you're using!
Old December 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM   #7
New Boot

Sennheiser

Wow, Clear Lake and The Woodlands. I'm right in the middle over in NW Houston. Anyone interested in getting together and talking shop? I am just getting into the Event videography business as a side gig and looking for tips and possible help on a 2nd camera at times. I have lots of really high end equipment and am also willing to help out on someone elses projects to gain more knowledge and experience. Any Interests? BTW, I love my two Sennheiser systems.
Greg LeBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:51 PM   #8
Wrangler

I think it would be great to get folks together, but it would have to be after the New Year. I'll just about have to open my MS Outlook Calendar to find open times for bathroom breaks over the next few weeks!
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I'm a little further south than Pete, but please count me in if there is a get-together.

If you don't already attend, I invite all Houston-area videogs to the HPVA monthly meetings, info is here - http://www.houstonpva.org/
David McKnight is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques