Another new website for your scrutiny at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 26th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Another new website for your scrutiny

www.digitalmasterpiececinema.com

I built this website with netidnow.com. Just wanted to see how I could improve the trafficto call rate. I am getting traffic but not many calls. My demo is not the greatest on the demo page but I am working on compiling a good highlight demo to put there. I also am not thrilled with the flash intro's grainy-ness but like the intro itself. Once again I have no experience and this is my first site.

Please be brutally honest!
Dan Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #2
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Minor
www.digitalmasterpiececinema.com

I built this website with netidnow.com. Just wanted to see how I could improve the trafficto call rate. I am getting traffic but not many calls. My demo is not the greatest on the demo page but I am working on compiling a good highlight demo to put there. I also am not thrilled with the flash intro's grainy-ness but like the intro itself. Once again I have no experience and this is my first site.

Please be brutally honest!
Could you make the flash intro video smaller? Yes, it played back grainy but the lettering turned out great. It played back a bit too choppy to hold my interest. Most websites nowadays have done away with flash / splash intro pages.

The inside pages are too techy for a bride, and that might turn them off. Perhaps a softer design might get you more calls?
Old April 27th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I agree with Josie about the intro. If you are going to use it you will need a preloader with progress bar. It didn't play for me right with a cable modem. I also didn't like the squares that drift to the right on the page banner. Too much activity while I was trying to watch video. Where it says check availabilty it just says check A. So some of that is getting cut off in my browser. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #4
Major Player

You really ought to follow the advice given. The video is fairly large and very grainy. Also by making it smaller it will load faster. I would suggest making the SWF and calling the video from a .FLV file.

You also need to replace all your flash embeding code with SWFOBject. If you haven't noticed MS released a Hotfix for the Copyright Lawsuit which makes the user now click the object once to activate and then again to use, basically it adds a nasty box around whatever flash object.

By use SWFObject formerly FlashObject until Adobe made the author change it. It embeds your SWF via a javascript and bypasses the IE Changes. If you want any help, just shoot me a PM or Email, I'd be glad to help ya out..
:)
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Keep it coming. Thanks for the advice.
Dan Minor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques