Southern California Videographers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 16th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Southern California Videographers

Trisha and I will be presenting a full day workshop In Costa Mesa California on June 5. This type of presentation allows for time to go in-depth into our production techniques. The cost is only $60 for Southern California video association members or $100 for non members, and that price even includes lunch. Here's a link for more details.
http://www.pvn.org/von_lanken.htm
Old May 17th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Mark and Trisha,
I was wondering do you guys do seminars on the east coast? I'd love to attend one in the future. I hear so much great feedback about them. Thanks

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa
Hi Mark and Trisha,
I was wondering do you guys do seminars on the east coast? I'd love to attend one in the future. I hear so much great feedback about them. Thanks

Monday
Hi Monday,

We have been to New York a couple of times and absolutely loved it. Where on the East Coast are you? Do you belong to a local PVA? We are open to coming to the East Coast at some time in the future, it's just a matter of working out the logistics.

If travel to the East Coast isn't in the near future, we do have 2 day workshops in Tulsa. The class size is very small to enhance the learning opportunities. Here's a link for details.
http://www.tulsaweddingvideos.com/workshop.shtml
Old May 17th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Mark. I live in Maryland and currently don't belong to a local pva. That's due to some circumstances for now. Hope to join pretty soon. I will look into the workshop thanks. If there is anything in the near future on my side of the globe please let me know.

Take Care
Monday
my4cheese@yahoo.com
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa
Thanks Mark. I live in Maryland and currently don't belong to a local pva. That's due to some circumstances for now. Hope to join pretty soon. I will look into the workshop thanks. If there is anything in the near future on my side of the globe please let me know.

Take Care
Monday
my4cheese@yahoo.com
Hi Monday,

I guess I could have looked below your name to see you are in Baltimore. I don't know much about the video association in Baltimore, but I do know the President and his wife. They are really great people. Here's their contact info.

Baltimore Videographers Association
Jery Winters
Phone: (410) 672-5200
Email: louisa@videotrainers.com
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #6
Trustee

I'd sure love it if you'd come an do an event in Minneapolis. We do have a very active PVA: www.mpva.net
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Davis
I'd sure love it if you'd come an do an event in Minneapolis. We do have a very active PVA: www.mpva.net
Hi Chris,

We have had to limit our travel dates as we balance our family life and running our business, which is why we have started hosting workshops in Tulsa. It keeps us closer to home and doesn't require us to spend two days traveling.

We already have 6-8 traveling dates for 2006, so we are not actively pursing additional dates, but we are looking to 2007. Feel free to pass our info on to the leadership at the Minneapolis PVA. I have heard good things about your group. Aren't you guys hosting a big HDV event sometime soon?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:41 AM   #8
Major Player

When can you guys make it to seattle? That's at least close enough for us portlanders!

Cheers,
Scott
Scott Shama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:19 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Shama
When can you guys make it to seattle? That's at least close enough for us portlanders!

Cheers,
Scott
Hi Scott,

We have been wanting to go to Seattle. Do you know Chris and Laura Randall? Maybe we can make up there sometime next year.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:48 PM   #10
Major Player

Hi Mark,

Yes I know Laura (sort of). I am in email contact with her about her videographer association meetings. I'll be looking out for your trip up to the pacific northwest.

Cheers,
Scott
Scott Shama is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques