Dodgy iRiver mic input? any ideas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:03 AM   #1
Major Player

Dodgy iRiver mic input? any ideas?

This is a question to all those who use the iRiver for mic purposes.

I mentioned recently in another thread that i got v.loud rustling/crackling noises using the Giant Squid mic with my iRiver when the mic was worn by the Groom or speaker. I thought it was the mic so i've just tried other ones, and found out it does the same with all of them

Methinks i might have a dodgy mic input connection!! damn, i so wanted to get great results!! i bought the iRiver ifp-899 from ebay, and it is fine when the mic lead isn't disrupted, and perfectly ok with line-in recording. and yes, I've used the exact settings written in other threads.

Has anyone had a similar problem? can it be fixed with minimal effort or should i be looking for another iRiver?

thanks in advance
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
can it be fixed with minimal effort or should i be looking for another iRiver?
Never tried taking one apart but at $100 I doubt it's even worth getting it repaired. (Other than they're getting rare).

Throw it out (and welcome to ebay).
Rick Steele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques