Need a template for Treatment / Quote at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 26th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #1
New Boot

Need a template for Treatment / Quote

Hi guys and girls.. I recently had a great opportunity for a much larger job to fall into my lap for shooting a promotional video for an education institution.

Thing is, I have to write back quickly with a quote / treatment. I started writing one from scratch, but Im afraid I'll leave important holes. I googled for a few examples, and couldn't find anything that was either my price range (free) or fit close to my needs.

Can you help? I need an example of a video treatment / quote for a medium promotional video. If you have a sample in word format, I'd be forever in indebted to you (ok, maybe a little too powerful terms.. ) but I would REALLY be greatful!

v/r,
J
Joseph B Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:28 PM   #2
New Boot

“A Carmel Drug Story” Treatment

SLC:“Ugh, if you guys don’t have any more New York Times out front than you’re out?" It’s A Carmel Drug Story.

Writer/Producer: Edward T. Nista (Ted)

Working Title: “Drug Story”

Format: DV

Total Running Time: about 2 minutes

Genre: Comedy

Audience: Everyone

Objective:
Tell a couple funny and common carmel drug stories that happen everyday.

FADE IN

Beginning:
Set up the scene with a couple commmon Carmel Drug Store items so that we know where we are, set the camera between a couple things to get this feeling or pull away from a character close up to a full fiew of the store.

Story:
Two employees on same side of store, one reading a magazine face down on counter other reading newspaper in stool, neither can see the store. A woman comes in and starts looking for something. An object falls, Justin looks up. “Can I help you find something.” The woman mumbles something. She scans the Shampoo section. She scans the shave section. A man comes in and says, “If you don’t have anymore Sunday New York Times out front than I guess you’re out?” “Sir, its eight o’clock at night, we usually sell out of the New York times at noon.” “So you’re out?” “yeah”, “know where I can get one?” “at this hour? Nowhere.” “Will you have more tomorrow?” “No, tomorrow is Monday, we’ll have the Monday New York times tomorrow.” Man goes back out and scours the racks one more time looking behind newspapers and leaves in a fit. Sean walks to front of the store to watch him go.

Ending:
Woman comes back to counter in an awful mood. “Well I don’t understand, how you’re a drug store, but you don’t have what I’m looking for, but its really quite ridiculous.” Justin points to the right wall and yawns while saying “Tampons are on the right wall.”

FADE OUT
Edward T. Nista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM   #3
Inner Circle

huh? And I thought i was having a strange moment... lol jk
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques