DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Highlights Clip from a challenging day (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/69923-highlights-clip-challenging-day.html)

Patrick Moreau June 20th, 2006 01:36 PM

Highlights Clip from a challenging day

I just finished this up yesterday from a wedding at the beginning of June. We provided photo and video for their wedding (two of each) and the couple also had the Life network there with two film crews/producers/directors/and sound men getting footage for the show 'I do, Let's Eat!'.

It was an outdoor ceremony which we thought would be perfect since so many people were covering the wedding. It ended up raining all day and the couple stuck with their wedding outside so everybody brought umbrellas and the couple bought a huge pile the morning of the ceremony. With the umbrellas up in the crowd our shooting lanes were very restricted and it was a very tough shoot. The audio was also a tough one due to the heavy rain sound on the umbrellas just above the mic.

It was a great couple to work with and a great wedding to cover as they had beautiful locations, food, and people- they even included a horse and carriage as a surprise entrance to the ceremony for the bride and the couple entered the reception on an antique firetruck, also as a surprise to the guests.

The clip I'm sharing is the highlights from the day which I am very happy with. We managed to get some great shots and minimize the impact of the other camera crews there (although you will notice them in the back of a couple shots- and boy were they lucky, they each got their own camera assistant to follow them around with an umbrella in the rain). I'de love to hear any feedback you may have but I mostly just wanted to share this as I really think it came out well and it was such a unique day.

http://www.smcouples.com/Baril/Highlights.mov

(The clip is in quicktime format).

Thanks and enjoy.

Patrick

Anders Risvold June 20th, 2006 02:52 PM

very nice :)

Must have cost a fortune for the couple to have that made ? If not, it should ;)

Peter Jefferson June 20th, 2006 11:09 PM

WOW...

cool stuff man!!

Dave Uriarte June 21st, 2006 09:38 AM

Hey Patrick,
What are you using to create the fade to black where the highlights linger? It reminds me of a 'burn to white' effect but reversed. Anyway it's really cool and the shots you used it on were perfect for it.

Thanks for sharing your work!
Dave

Patrick Moreau June 21st, 2006 10:17 AM

Thanks for the replies and comments.

Dave,

The transition is a luma dissolve. I also really liked what it adds.

Patrick

Mike F Smith June 21st, 2006 05:06 PM

I really love your camera work and sound. I do think you layed on the desaturate little often.

Mike

Billy Mallari June 21st, 2006 05:40 PM

hey patrick..where did you get the music?

Patrick Moreau June 21st, 2006 06:41 PM

Thanks again for the comments.

I know what you mean about the BW clips Mike. The reception was a little dark to get clean color and I used it in a couple other spots to make similar clips looks a little more distinct (i.e during the ceremony). Te camer work was a combination quite a pile of devices from a glidecam, to a homemade stabilizer, to a monopod and a body mounted stabilizer. Thanks agai for taking the time to post.

Bill, the track was from Pearl Harbour.

Franklin Bencosme June 21st, 2006 09:41 PM

EXCELENTE(spanish)

Nice work, my vote is 10 of 10.I enjoy to see your video
Franklin....

Yoochul Chong June 23rd, 2006 03:29 PM

which nle are you using that contained the luma dissolve.

Patrick Moreau June 23rd, 2006 03:48 PM

Everything was cut in FCP. The luma dissolve is a third party filter but it is well worth it as it gets mentioned almost every time I post a clip.