Multi camera question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 29th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #1
New Boot

Multi camera question

Hello everyone,

I just finished my first 2 camera dance recital dance recital. It actually went VERY well. I was able to capture directly into PP on 2 computers which halved my capturing time. Syncing the two cameras later was no problem.

My question is: How are most people handling multiple camera shots on things like this? I can understand not using a mixer on short segment such as interviews, etc. but on longer performances like recitals? Mixing live would save so much time over editing multi camera.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I make multi clips in final cut and do my switching there. Man hours wise it actually can take the same time as live switching!!! and you can do a much more thoughtful job with transitions etc if you take a little more time.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #3
Major Player

I've been doing my daughter's dance school for 6 years. I would love to switch live, but haven't the equipment nor the space in the venue. It takes a little longer to edit, but you can definitely make the shots and transitions a little better. Seems to work for me, but I also do live events at my day job and that also is a good way to go as long as you have people on camera that you can trust to get the shots that you need.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques