Another "Credits Montage" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Croce
Thanks for reposting--it was quite good, as usual. I dug it even though the music would normally be something I avoid. In the footage you shifted to the full color from, did you just bleed out the reds? If not, how did you get that effect?
Vin
The two looks were slightly modified Magic Bullet: Editors (Vegas 6) looks. The cool blue one was titled "Berlin" and the warm one was called "Warm & Fuzzy". I enjoy using the effects from Magic Bullet from time to time but don't quite like the fact that it multiplies the required render time by aprox. 8x.

The new Magic Bullet Editors is supposed to have better performance and actually use your video card hardware to help speed up the render process. I haven't tested it out to see if the claims are true.
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #17
Wrangler

Thanks all for the kind words. It was one of my most difficult "credits montages" to shoot. Partly because of the time crunch, and the other the sheer size of the bridal party.

Usually I take a minute or so with EACH bridal party member to do individual shots but due to what I described above I opted for a more generic line walk reminicent of the Reservior Dogs shot. It's an easy way to roll a few seconds on each bridal party member and get the entire shoot done in one take in the matter of a couple of minutes (litterally). The unfortunate part was I rushed so fast I only had as little as 3-4 usable seconds of certain people.

I tried my best to make it "exciting" and fun despite the shortcoming on my part capturing it. The clients really enjoyed the finished product despite the fact I felt it was a bit more rythmically predictable and repetitive than some of my other "credits" pieces.

Thanks again for watching.
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Hey Glen,

Just wondering what camera your using for this. I tried to spot it in your last post (the one where you were actually in the footage with the glidecam), but your cameo in that one was just a little too fast.

Oh, and about this post...
Do I have to say it? As always - SUPER job with the highest regards!
Brandon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Croce
... Of course when creating a piece for someone, I know we have to use the music the b&g want, which, to me, is one of the more challenging aspects of this business.
Totally agree with that.

Whenever the couple specifies some (what I consider) inappropriate song or songs included in the life story or wedding video, I always include "Musical Selections by [bride & groom]" in the rolling credits to disassociate myself from that part of it. Nothing more grating on the nerves than trying to sync video to an annoying tune.
Tom Tomkowiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:01 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Glenn, can you repost this? I would love to see your credits montage.

thanks
Janice DeMille is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques