Our own Douglas Spotted Eagle gets mentioned at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 6th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Our own Douglas Spotted Eagle gets mentioned

I just was reading along in google and such and came across this article where our own Douglas Spotted Eagle gets some press, howbeit not the most flattering comment.

http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/wedding.html#HowTo

Last edited by Steven Davis; July 6th, 2006 at 06:40 AM. Reason: I was half asleep...
Steven Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Major Player

I thought it was very flattering to Spot and how he's raised the expectations for a wedding video--just because the author doesn't desire or isn't capable of doing a Same Day Edit doesn't mean it shouldn't be something to offer as an option, or be a standard to aspire to.
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

That particular article is well on its way to being a year old... there are plenty of other, much more recent articles written by or written about DSE which are timely and relevant. For example, this one:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=70557

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #4
Inner Circle

True, I must drink more coffee.
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #5
Trustee

The comment that makes isn't directly about Spot, but rather how the author thinks the same-day edit is ridiculous. I know exactly why it is not ridiculous, but a very good idea and one that can make the videographer extra money. Most people that attend the wedding can't hear the vows or get a good look at the bride and groom. Also, in my area, many people don't attend the ceremony but do show up to the reception. A 5-minute video presentation gives both the people that were present and those that did not attend the ceremony something they could not experience otherwise.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Yeah Marcus, I was half asleep when I read it, the context excaped me for a second.

It did spark a conversation in our company about what it would take to offer it, and depending on the package, it might require a third person, for us atleast.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques