Help finding a GL2 - used but good condition at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 28th, 2006, 07:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help finding a GL2 - used but good condition

I am new to this board, and fairly new to the Wedding Video business. I started using a Sony HDV Handycam, just to try it out and see how I liked it and if I could be successful. I truely think I can be very successful with the right equipment. After looking into different camera's, I was interrested in buying a Canon GL2, but the price is a bit much, especially after the $1500 I spent on the Sony camera. Guess I should have just made the initial investment, and I wouldn't have to go back and buy another. I am hoping to make this week's wedding the last one with the Sony camera, so I'd like to upgrade in the next few months.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a reputible place to buy a lightly used GL2 Camera for a decent price? I had looked on Ebay, but am very hesitant to go that route, with no sort of guarantee that I'm going to get a working camera.

I am planning on quitting my full time job upon the arrival of our baby (due in October) and want to get more involved in the Wedding Video business to help suppliment the lost income. I appreciate any advice/suggestions anyone can give.
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It takes time to get into the business Dawn and I would sugest trying to do it while trying to hold down your job. When you start getting to the stage where you are happy with the income from your business, then it is time to quit. This is the hard route I know as it takes a lot of time for editing your footage and while trying to hold down a job. As for trying to buy a second hand camera and where to find one I cant help you there but think of the sony pd170 as it has the best low light sd camera in the business.

Hope someone else will give you lots more advise and congrates on the baby thing.
Robert Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:51 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey Dawn I may be able to help you find a GL2 camera I tried sending you an email but couldn't. just shoot me an email with your contact info and I'll let you know!
Old August 28th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

G2

I sent your information to someone who has a G2 for sale.

Hope this helps
Donald White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 07:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johnston
It takes time to get into the business Dawn and I would sugest trying to do it while trying to hold down your job. When you start getting to the stage where you are happy with the income from your business, then it is time to quit. This is the hard route I know as it takes a lot of time for editing your footage and while trying to hold down a job. As for trying to buy a second hand camera and where to find one I cant help you there but think of the sony pd170 as it has the best low light sd camera in the business.

Hope someone else will give you lots more advise and congrates on the baby thing.
Thanks for the advice. I wish I had the option to continue working full time after the baby, but we already have a toddler and I decided its time to raise my kids. I do teach dance part time though, so I'm not solely relying on the video business. Thanks for the advice on the camera... I have looked at that model as well. Thanks again!!
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I have one for sale with all the fixins for $1,000. Let me know @ dmstudio@verizon.net
Dan Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Minor
I have one for sale with all the fixins for $1,000. Let me know @ dmstudio@verizon.net
You have mail!
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques