DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   website (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/74519-website.html)

Adam Thomsen August 30th, 2006 06:18 AM

website

Where is a great place to host your website where you can put videos?

Dawn Brennan August 30th, 2006 06:32 AM

I use IX Webhosting. Very reasonable and they give you a lot of space for files, such as video. Check it out.

Jon Elam August 30th, 2006 11:37 AM

I have had good luck with 1&1 hosting. All of their hosting plans come with free private domain registration and ample space/bandwidth. Their business plans also come with decent free software including Photoshop Elements. I believe plans are on sale through next month.
- JON

K. Forman August 30th, 2006 12:24 PM

I've been using DotEasy.com for a few years now. On the up side, they started me out with free hosting and 20 MB of storage, and then bumped me up to 100MB- still free. On the downside, the mail servers go down frequently, logging in subjects you to pages of advertising trying to get you to pay for an upgrade, you have limits on usage, and even contacting support will make you go through those ads, look through their faqs, all before you can email them.

But it's free!

Mark Williams August 30th, 2006 01:26 PM

I have had good luck with homestead.com. They are a little higher priced but you get a lot of extras with the $19.95 per month package including site use stats, unlimited web site pages, good e-mail, and great web page templates. Give them a look. I built my site with their free site builder program.

Patrick Moreau August 30th, 2006 02:01 PM

1&1 starts at about 10 gigs of space at under $5 a month. I have been very happy with them and you can';t complain about the rates. With so many options now, I don't see how you could go with anybody offering less than 5gigs of dstorage as they are so cheap now and often sites offering 100MB of storage are quite abit more expensive, I have found at least.

Christopher Lefchik August 30th, 2006 02:06 PM

Put another one down for 1&1. I'm on the least expensive plan. The space and bandwidth is simply unbeatable for the price, and I have no complaints with reliability or speed. Be aware, however, the some people have reported problems with 1&1 still attempting to bill them after cancelling service.

Noah Hayes August 30th, 2006 07:30 PM

Does anyone have any experience with iWeb? I'm in the process of designing a site on it, but I still need to find a host. Does anyone here know if iweb will allow you to upload to a third party host?

Ervin Farkas August 30th, 2006 07:44 PM

Godaddy.com - I have three websites with them. $3.99/mo for 5GB storage and 250GB bandwidth. No issues so far...

K. Forman August 30th, 2006 08:30 PM

Ervin, how long you been on GoDaddy?

Ervin Farkas August 31st, 2006 06:14 AM

Keith,

I have had two domain names with Godaddy for about 3 years now, and moved the hosting of one site to them about a year ago. Then about half a year ago I bought two more names and hosting from them. So far I have not had any site down - or not that I noticed, all their systems seem to be stable. I asked them a few questions via e-mail and they replied within 24 hours. Technically the biggest difference I see compared to IXWebhosting is the upload speed and the speed/responsiveness of the hosting control panel.

Adam Thomsen August 31st, 2006 02:14 PM

Thanks everybody for all the info Ervin I am looking at goDaddy but I am not seeing the play for $3.99/mo for 5GB storage and 250GB bandwidth.

Ervin Farkas August 31st, 2006 03:58 PM

Check this link: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosti...=&ci=5652#tabs and click on "compare plans".

Noah Hayes August 31st, 2006 07:13 PM

Do these places just accept HTML uploads or do you have to use their online templates and site builders?

Terry Esslinger August 31st, 2006 11:13 PM

I use GoDaddy and you can use their buuiilder or your own. I built a very basic site with Microsoft Publisher and got it up an going pretty easily. Especially considering it was my first venture into a web site.