Shooting a Birthday presentation\Slidshow. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 12th, 2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Shooting a Birthday presentation\Slidshow.

Does anyone know of links that I could go too to see examples of shooting birthdays. I'm working on a project that the person is doing a surprise video for her father. She wants to video tape relatives giving testamonials combined with still shots. I already have scaned the still shots into my computer. I will shoot the testamonials one evening later in the month. I'm thinking that we'll open up with everyone as a group together saying "Happy Birthday" then leading into the slide show like presentation with the testamonials placed throughout the video as the still pics are played. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Wrangler

Harry, sounds like a fun edit. It sounds very similar to the approach I take with my wedding videography in regards to the use of talking head interviews and/or audio to support the video. In your case it's stills. The best advice I can offer is to do your research first. Find out the right questions to ask that will be conducive to telling the story along with the photos visually. Take a look at the photos you have, maybe there are some particular ones that look interesting- maybe a monumental event or a big vacaction...you might be able to ask the friends/family members specifically about those times. On the flip side try to make the still images match the audio from the talking heads the best you can. In other words if someone say "Uncle Joe is always the life of the party" ....try to pair it up with a pic of him dancing or doing somthing animated and fun.

Best of luck, and let us know how it goes.
Old September 12th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Major Player

We're on the same page

Glen
Thanks so much for your suggestions. With your suggestions it reinforces my own ideas and gives me more think about. I know now I'm on the right track. The presentation is scheduled for the first week in Nov so I have some time. I edit with PremierePro 1.5 and I'll probably be trying something new. Recording a voice track directly to the time line. Should be a blast. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks again for your input. It means alot.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:25 PM   #4
Tourist

Master

Sir, I am happy to read your posting, I will like to work with you on the project even if you'll not pay me...pls, just the experience - that sound interesting. Moreso you have my CV Esan Olusola P. I sent it to you sometime ago
petty2003pp@yahoo.com
Esan Olusola is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques