Newbie needs feedback..sample clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 20th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #1
New Boot

Newbie needs feedback..sample clips

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Last edited by Kyle Defy; September 20th, 2006 at 10:37 PM.
Kyle Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Kyle,
Didn't watch all of your clip, I bailed after the first minute and a half. The fast foward motion to normal motion is a good concept I love using but only when the footage is useable will I do that. The fast foward footage was just way to shaky. Also your fonts needed some shadow to come off the screen. Besides that, the rest of what I saw was alright.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa
Hey Kyle,
Didn't watch all of your clip, I bailed after the first minute and a half. The fast foward motion to normal motion is a good concept I love using but only when the footage is useable will I do that. The fast foward footage was just way to shaky. Also your fonts needed some shadow to come off the screen. Besides that, the rest of what I saw was alright.

Monday
Thanks Monday. The action is actually real time, with no fast forward to stop action. That is how those models fly. The DVD will be geared toward these extreme pilots only. We need to work on the shaky hands, these models are so unpredictable when in flight.
Thanks for the font info.

Kyle
Old September 20th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Major Player

No problem, the fast foward motion I was talking about was when each person is standing behind their plane. Your initial footage was ok, but it was the clip of each individual person that just wasn't working. Congrats on having it done, and releasing it. Good luck

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa
No problem, the fast foward motion I was talking about was when each person is standing behind their plane. Your initial footage was ok, but it was the clip of each individual person that just wasn't working. Congrats on having it done, and releasing it. Good luck

Monday
Oh yeah, I forgot about those, lol. Thanks again.
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #6
Trustee

Kyle,

That's pretty cool. It's kind of a niche market but there's probably enough hard cores out there to support the DVD.

I can see how the planes would work better than the heli's, just because they're bigger (easier to see), and less nimble so easier to follow. It's pretty hard to zoom on the heli's when they're going to be jumping out of the frame all the time.

Good luck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques