How Many Hits? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 29th, 2006, 11:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tyneside U.K.
Posts: 45
How Many Hits?

Just out of curiosity, how many "hits" do you average a week. I get about 50, and I don't know whether that's good or bad! I get the odd e-mail inquiry, but could do with a few more. I don't have a link page, I know that gets you a higher search engine rating, but I'm not in favor of that, as I always find it takes people away too soon! I know it does me!

Mike.
Michael Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Aus
Posts: 3,884
im on abotu 15 different directories. 4 are paid advertising spots, and 3 are "exclusive"

2 of the paid ones bring in regular work, the other are just a waste of money, but it gives me a presence on those sites

the exclusive ones are where i get the high end jobs from mostly and theres about 3 producers invited to list for each state

As for hits, i get about 150-200
of those id say quarter are probably the competition.
lrftover id say consideirng the pages their clicking on, about 70-100 are looking for info on video and what to expect from the service

On an average week i get about 20-30 queries.. maybe more..
Of those half are genuine with ongoing comms who eventually meet with me
Of those about 99% will book and the other 1% will either kick the tyres on cost vs product quality, while they look elsewhere for a cheaper alternative.
Half of these usually come back to book with me.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 689
Hi Mike,

I average about between 50 and 100 unique visitors per day, but in the week following wedding-day edit presentations that can be much higher. Make sure you're looking at hits and visitors in the right perspective. Some stats represent each element downloaded when someone opens your page as one 'hit', which is misleading as to the amount of traffic you're getting. You should look at the unique visitors stat. I set up an account with StatCounter.com. In the attached image green is hits, blue is unique visitors and yellow is return visitors.

http://www.EventVideographer.com/stats.png

The most helpful stat, at least for me, is the 'Recent Came From'. That allows you to see where your traffic is coming from, be it a photographer's link to your site, a search engine result or whatever.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cassidy
Just out of curiosity, how many "hits" do you average a week. I get about 50, and I don't know whether that's good or bad! I get the odd e-mail inquiry, but could do with a few more. I don't have a link page, I know that gets you a higher search engine rating, but I'm not in favor of that, as I always find it takes people away too soon! I know it does me!

Mike.
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tyneside U.K.
Posts: 45
Thanks, I'll start looking at the unique visitors. I'm doing ok with referals, and phone calls etc, just wondered about other peoples hit figures.
Mike
Michael Cassidy is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network