DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Web hosting (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/77581-web-hosting.html)

Eugene Bare October 16th, 2006 11:04 AM

Web hosting

My contract with bluehost is about to expire,(has been a good experience, but) wondering if anyone has any recomendations about a really good host company they may be using. Disk storage, bandwidth, good support, fast loading of video. Or any stayaway warnings. I am going to shop around for the next few days.

Mark Bournes October 16th, 2006 11:49 AM

I use yahoo small business to host and build my website. Check it out and see if it fits your needs.

Steven Davis October 16th, 2006 11:58 AM

I use pair.com Thier customer service is second to none, and that includes any customer service I am in contact with.

Ervin Farkas October 16th, 2006 12:07 PM

GoDaddy

I have several sites with godaddy.com - no problems so far. Good e-mail customer service, fast load times (both up and down), plenty features and very affordable.

Eugene Bare October 16th, 2006 06:18 PM

Thanks for the leads

I am going to do some comp shopping and investigate the leads you guys posted. I checked out some of your sites Nice.

Patrick Moreau October 16th, 2006 07:50 PM

try 1and1.com, they offer amazing value.

Vance Van Patten October 17th, 2006 06:43 PM

I've had several sites hosted by maxipoint (http://w3.maxipointservers.net/web/home.html) over the past few years. I have experienced very little down time with this host. They offer 100mb of storage with unlimited bandwidth. The cost is only $3.95 a month with free domain registration. Their support is good and I usually get pretty fast responses from them.

Might be worth a look,
Vance Van Patten

Patrick Moreau October 17th, 2006 06:57 PM

For 3 bucks you'll get 100GB of space at 1&1 which really blows 100mb away.

Ben Lynn October 17th, 2006 07:02 PM

Be careful. I'm not targeting any particular webhost, but sometimes the customer service is worth the extra cost or lack of space. When you have a problem with your site you need a company that will be there for you. Check on the support and make sure before signing up with anyone.

Ben

Chris Davis October 18th, 2006 06:57 AM

You absolutely can't beat 1&1 for bandwidth and drive space. They're a great choice for hosting video.

However, they have things locked down tight, so while they support ASP.NET, I've run into a lot of restrictions for some of my more complex sites. I'm moving those over to a dedicated server, but still keeping my 1&1 account to host large files, and for the superb email spam filtering.

Eugene Bare October 19th, 2006 06:43 PM

6 Days Left

I only have 6days left to decide. I have had great customer service at blue host, but a lower cost and unlimited band width at 1&1 is pretty tempting.

Vance Van Patten October 20th, 2006 05:24 PM

After looking at the 1&1 link that Patrick posted, looks like I'm probably going to be changing hosts. Looks like they offer most everything you need to run a website and for a better price than I am getting with my current host.

Thanks for the head-up Patrick,
Vance

Tyler Ellison October 20th, 2006 08:27 PM

Patrick is right, I've experimented with different hosting companies and 1and1 offers incredible value for the price. I also like ipowerweb since they offer 750 GB of bandwith, although they are pricier than 1and1, great support though.

Craig Sharp October 20th, 2006 11:54 PM

Definately go with 1and1. they offer 2 domain names, 1 gig of storage and 1 terabyte of bandwidth, you should be able to stream video and music and anything else you want. Check em out. www.1and1.com

Craig Sharp October 20th, 2006 11:54 PM

sorry, double post