Corp jobs.. Tell us more! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 18th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #16
Inner Circle

"Regarding clients wanting fast turn around, I have told all my recent clients that working with me is a min of 4 months for a finished product. This is partly to let them know up front that there is a LOT of work that goes into the product, and partly to give me room if something throws my schedule
completely off balance."

Not to mention "popularity, and demand for your product"

for corporates, timing is of the essense. Remember that what you charge them is a tax write off, so even thogh they may have a budget, in the end, it really doesnt matter.
Most corps ive done would not accept a turnaround which goes over 3 weeks or so. Usually THEY have a deadline, and i ususally give myself afew days before THEIR deadline and then set mine to that.

Gotta be really careul to only take on what you can, as if u bite more than u can chew (as Joe has explained) it could be the end of you..
Dont take on more than u can handle.. Ive made many mistakes in my time, but thats one which i wont..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #17
Trustee

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
Gotta be really careul to only take on what you can, as if u bite more than u can chew (as Joe has explained) it could be the end of you.. Dont take on more than u can handle.. Ive made many mistakes in my time, but thats one which i wont..
I should have clarified that.... I only tell the wedding clients that time line part. The corporate work always is the highest priority done before everythign else, because I know they have these sort of deadlines. I have a client now that is just to busy to create his voice over script, so I'm waiting for that and working on two wedding projects. But as soon as he gets the script hammered out from my time code render then I'll set an appointment ASAP and get it done so he can start using it to get more business and get positive feed back about the video from his clients.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques