My Wedding Sample at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 31st, 2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Major Player

My Wedding Sample

This is my second wedding shoot. Please add any helpful comments. Btw, this is a flash movie and requires a high speed connection.

Thanks,
Troy

http://www.focusmd.com/wedding/mekka.../flashvid.html
Troy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Great clarity on the video....brilliant colors and great use of the glow effect in some areas. I love the unity candle shot----I've never seen that angle before.

If you want to clean it up a bit, you should use the tripod more. Also, 98% of this vid is in slow motion---break up the monotony by using some "real time" video, black and white, and letterboxing.

Very good work for your 2nd shoot though.....
Sheldon Blais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Sheldon. I agree. Some of the shots were with a monopod that I was using for the first time. I will try to use less slo mo in my next one ;-)

td
Troy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 04:54 PM   #4
Inner Circle

prety schmick for a 2nd effort :)

one thing that first got me though, was the ministers prompting.
for voiceover work, and for audio as clean as this, you can easily get rid of hte minister and time the vow audio sequence and make sound a little more natural (without prompting. )

Also keep an eye out on standing on a shot for too long. U can utilise this time for other shots.

Colour is awesome and motion seem ok, just watch the stuttering on extended slowmotions

One thing i have noticed about US ministers however is that they present themselves like TV presenters.. lol thats a good thing as they dramatise teh whole event.. our minsiters here in Aus are so boring..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 04:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Really good work.

I think it looks really good, the couple should be happy. I agree with the tripod use I know some times you have to run and gun and you just cant have one.
Eugene Bare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:55 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Excellent

After watching the video, it looks like this is your 20th wedding shoot. I enjoyed it. The music was just just perfect.
One thing, the lighting gear was very visible in some of the shots, you might want to avoid including those shots with the highlights.
Overall the video looks very clean and the music again was perfect.
Good job and keep it up.
Eb Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:30 AM   #7
Regular Crew

In addition to some of the other posters, I would just like to add that the shot from the balcony towards the end you could see the photagraphers flash bouncing up and down till she got to the center of the pue. You could either cut it sooner or crop the bottom a hair.

Other than that it was really good. I loved the color and crispness and the shot selections.
Michael Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Tourist

Video

Sorry for slightly (largly) off track ....

Firstly, video looks great - especially for only a 2nd shoot.

But, can I ask how you have managed to get the video on the site. I am trying to put some clips on a site (have used Adobe Premier Pro 2) - and am looking for exactly what you have done, but can't find out how to.

Any help would be appreciated.....
Lee Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #9
Major Player

Hi Lee,

I rendered to mpeg2 using the Sony Vegas video editor. I then import the mpeg2 video into Flash 8 and export from flash as a .flv file. I then ftp the flv,swf, and html file to me server. This is what I use, but there are other software that create .flv files from mpeg,avi, or .mov files. I hope this helps.

Troy
Troy Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques