CLIP: Wedding Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 10th, 2006, 07:39 AM   #16
Major Player

did I cross the line?

Jerome-
I enjoyed your trailer so much I had to do one of my own for the wedding I'm currently editing. I know the ending title is a standard trailer fare, as well as the 'available soon on dvd' V/O, but do you feel I borrowed too much from your trailer's style? If I'm crossing the line and taking too much from you and your work, just let me know...(imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery, you know ;) )
And thanks for the inspiration. I like the whole concept, as it's a relatively quick and painless way to throw a teaser up right after the wedding. Can you guess where I grabbed the music from?
http://firsttakestudios.com/demos/MJTrailer.wmv
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Pirates, aho mateee. Hope you payed copyright for use of music, lol.
Robert Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #18
Major Player

Arrggh, Cap'n Rob, ya caught me with chain-shot right across me bow, ya scurvy dog ya...
Old November 10th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I won't be a tellen, not that I use it of course. I'll use royalty free instead. Besides they charge to much over here as it is £56 just for three dvd's. Fair enough you do get 30 min of music but considering the top package here is £600. That does not leave much for the poor video guy after his expenses. I put that cost to the b&g if they want it and explain that it is the cost of copyright music on there video.
Robert Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Croce
Jerome-
I enjoyed your trailer so much I had to do one of my own for the wedding I'm currently editing. I know the ending title is a standard trailer fare, as well as the 'available soon on dvd' V/O, but do you feel I borrowed too much from your trailer's style? If I'm crossing the line and taking too much from you and your work, just let me know...(imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery, you know ;) )
And thanks for the inspiration. I like the whole concept, as it's a relatively quick and painless way to throw a teaser up right after the wedding. Can you guess where I grabbed the music from?
http://firsttakestudios.com/demos/MJTrailer.wmv
Hey Vincent. I don't mind you adopting that style. I liked your edit.... Email sent you as well.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #21
Major Player

Thanks Jerome. Appreciate the comments.
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #22
Major Player

Hi Jerome!

Finally got to download and watch the trailer. My internet connection has been finicky and it would only partially download the trailer.

I really liked the VO! It really made the trailer cool.

My only comment is that in the beginning with the little girls singing over the music, it sounded kinda creepy... no offense.
Peter Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:01 PM   #23
Regular Crew

I loved the videos. And the kids singing is sort of scary. The best way to make something scary is to mix kids singing with any kind of background music. It's one of the oldest movie tricks. But I still loved the videos you both made.

-Michael
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM   #24
Major Player

Thanks Mike. It was my first one, and I know I need to improve on the V/O, but it was fun and relatively quick, and the B&G loved it, so I'm happy with it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques