DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Bizarre things at weddings.. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/79560-bizarre-things-weddings.html)

Peter Jefferson November 13th, 2006 11:19 PM

Bizarre things at weddings..

ok. not a good ro a bad thing kinda thread.. more like a WTF thread..

ok, spill...

whats the trippiest thing uve seen happen at a wedding..

mine would have to be..

- Bride pashing (french kissing) a guest outside near where i was standing during my smoko break out of site... I kid u not, it was pretty wierd being a voyeur (consideriing my profession).. i dont think they saw me.. but she was all into it and the dude was like groping her under her slinky "split down teh leg" dress and they were at it like a couple of teens who just started dating.. u DONT want to know where her hand was... I just felt sorry for the groom after that.. i wish i had my camera with me though.. LOL then agian, they paid big bux so... sometimes it pays to keep ur mouth shut

- next up is the tagalong Limo... 6 consecutive weddings... SAME LIMO.. SAME DRIVER... OOOOOOEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOO

- The bride that orgnaised everything to the minute.. even our staff toilet breaks if u can believe that.. then her cars arrived 42minutes late...

there are afew others but these ones really stuck with me..
whats your twilight zone moment?

Peter Jefferson November 14th, 2006 08:48 AM

heres a good one..

awesome clients.. young hip and very out there..
had a fire and ice theme.. had an ice sculpture, AWESOME "fire and ice" lighting rig and a kick ass 100k Watt sound system... tapped straight into the camera.. true ravers.. awesome AWESOME stuff.. like filming a dance party but with the wedding formalities..

their bridal dance was to Ultrasonic "check ur head"

very cool

Richard Wakefield November 14th, 2006 09:01 AM

ok, here's my contribution:

middle-aged guy, trying to re-live his youth without his wife and 2 kids knowing, goes off to the nearby lake after the sit-down meal, with a bunch of lads...all smoking dope...trouble is, as a 'special' wedding present to the groom, the joints were laced with acid

so the guy hallucinates for the next couple of hours, goes missing, think's he's being chased by gangs with guns, and creatures of the night etc etc, then pukes everywhere, and gets discovered by his wife (not in the best of moods)

and no, it's not on video! i was a guest at that wedding!

p.s. Peter, do you ever post any of your clips??

Alastair Brown November 15th, 2006 02:08 AM

Not so much weird as being just....doomed from the word go.

Bride arrives in a stretch limo with a rear boot that won't stay shut.
The pipers bag-pipes broke. As a result, it sounded like he had just learnt to play that morning. Genuinely Awful.....he got sent packing without pay!
The entire Grooms side of the church never made the ceremony. Their buses got held up in football traffic, then got lost! They all burst in with with 5mins to go.
So....you have a half empty church with a bride looking like thunder getting piped up the aisle with the worlds worst bag-piper!

Made for lovely footage with her and the groom muttering at each other.

All three speeches (brides father/groom/best man) were over in 5mins.

They are divorced now......I think they saw the signs!

Devlyn Hukowich November 16th, 2006 01:27 PM

Not bizzare but strange

A friend of mine shoots weddings in Ontario. He has been doing this for about 20 years now and was looking through his master tapes a while ago. After a while counted things up an noticed a few interesting stats. Only about 25% of the unions survived 10 years. Also in a few cases not only did he do the original wedding but the Brides' second and the Groom's second wedding. Not necessarily the way you want repeat business, but lets take what we can get.
I am sure that this is not unique to his clientèle and others have similar stories.

Peter Jefferson November 16th, 2006 10:07 PM

speeches.. lol

im working on one now.. speeches run for an hour and 20 minutes..
left 30 minutes for dancing.. is this a wedding or a seminar... ??

Michelle Lewis November 17th, 2006 09:40 AM

I'm jealous. I wish I saw more bizarre things at weddings.

Dan Minor November 17th, 2006 10:48 AM

Crazy man in his underwear

This past Sat., in between the ceremony and rec the B & G decided to go out to the beach for pics and vid. As we approached this private access beach I see a man at the end of a broken down pier in white see through speedos (underwear) and I am thinking to myself "God I would love to film him and show my friends for laughs". I get out of my truck while the b & G get out of their limo and the bride looks at me and asks "Can you film that guy out there in his underwear, Please!!" How cool is that. So I casually do as my client requests and he catches my camera pointed in his direction adn flips out. Cussing screaming!! To the point that I told him to settle down or I would call the police. He charged the camera and I finally had to restrain his drunk ass until he left. The bride and groom loved it and said it will make for a great laugh for years to come.

Waldemar Winkler November 17th, 2006 05:43 PM

My most recent was a ceremony-only shoot which was extended a bit because of the offer of dinner (I was really hungry..skipped lunch that day). Tried to get some on-camera congratulatory comments, but everyone was too drunk. So far, the conciliatory additional footage has been a waste of time.

So, it is time for the cake cutting ceremony.
Cake gets cut. Gleam in Groom's eye (read as "cake is difinitely going to miss mouth"). Bride, with look that says "You do that and you are dead!" Groom, who is already too inebriated to know up from down, gleefully spreads cake all over bride's face. Within a second, if not less, bride's firmly doubled up fist delivers a right hook to groom's jaw, which is followed up with "I spent a lot of time putting on this face, and I am thoroughly pissed off with you!" I think, "This is only going to get worse", and politely excuse myself.

At my next wedding I meet the same DJ, who informs me the groom has passed out beneath a table within 30 minutes of my departure. We both give the marriage 18 months, tops.

Waldemar Winkler November 17th, 2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Lewis
I'm jealous. I wish I saw more bizarre things at weddings.

Be patient. You will get the opportunity.

Ron Ball November 18th, 2006 07:57 AM

Barfing bride...

At a recent wedding, it was discovered that the bride has phobia of crowds.

This was only discovered after the ceremony. Just as the guests started to file thru the receiving line, the bride and groom retire to some back rooms in the church. In the bathroom, the bride throws up, while the groom tries to comfort her. I know, because the groom was still wearing my iRiver and G-Squid.

Now, my partner is the photographer, and he waited patiently for the B&G to emerge for pictures. She was a little too woozy to stand through it all, so ALL pictures of the bride had her sitting in this throne-like chair. Impossible to take any intimate shots.

At the reception, the B&G spent most of the time, outside a rear door, getting fresh air with a few of their wedding party. They would return to the hall for key events... cake, 1st dance, garter... then leave again. The bride also had changed out of her gown into some more comfortable sweats. AND when it was time to throw the bouquet, she just tossed it to a friend, turned toward me and said: "I hope you got that, because we aren't doing it again."

That wedding was my biggest challenge to-date, trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.