Mexico wedding DVD shipped from US at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 1st, 2006, 05:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mexico wedding DVD shipped from US

Hi, Everyone

I'm in a quandry. My bride loves the wedding DVD. She decides to send the 6 ea. DVD to Mexico that I copied for her.
Her relatives in Mexico says that the DVD images are illegible.

I think they maybe running PAL formats on the DVD player because the DVDs play great here in the U.S.

I said I'll look into the problem but do you seasoned professionals know what else I should be looking for?

Thanks for your help!
Jaime Espiritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:47 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't know why anyone in Mexico would be using PAL, but I guess it's a possibility. What do you mean by illegible, exactly? There's a chance that the brand of disc is just incompatible with that particular DVD player. It happens. If that's the case, you can give them copies on a different brand of disc, or tell them to try it on a different player.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Jaime the problem isn't the Pal setting. Mexico is NTSC. The problem maybe a older DVD player that they have. I'm currently using Prodiscs and they have been great so far. No incompatible issues. It maybe the discs you are using aren't compatible with their DVD player down there. Many others here use different brands that are really good I know Verbatim is pretty good. What type of discs are you using? If you can give more info it will help in pin pointing the problem easier.

Monday

Last edited by Monday Isa; December 1st, 2006 at 11:19 PM.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:14 PM   #4
Major Player

I burn at 16x with 0 problems. The secret is to update the firmware in your burner so it knows how to deal with the disc. 4 and 8 x discs are mostly older spec so you don't get a problem with out of date firmware. If your firmware is up to date you can burn anything at max rated speed with 0 problems. Commercial duplication units always run at max speed, its way too expensive to do otherwise.
Doug Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 01:59 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Mexico Wedding DVD shipped from US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa
Jaime the problem isn't the Pal setting. Mexico is NTSC. The problem maybe a older DVD player that they have. I'm currently using Prodiscs and they have been great so far. No incompatible issues. It maybe the discs you are using aren't compatible with their DVD player down there. Many others here use different brands that are really good I know Verbatim is pretty good. What type of discs are you using? If you can give more info it will help in pin pointing the problem easier.

Monday
Hi, Isa

Thanks for the ideas. I usually use Princo DVD-R burning. The original disc is created from Premiere Pro 1.0 (I know it's a bit dated but works for me...). My burner is a LiteON that has the ability to read and burn DVD-RAMs. My duplication process comes from the latest NERO program and I burn the copies from the original at 4x max.

I'll try the Prodiscs or Verbatims...I'll see what happens with my client.
Jaime Espiritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 05:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Hey Jaime,
Did a quick search on Princo Disc and it's not a very popular brand, it's like Optodisc that I use to use. Chris had a very good idea, have them try it on another DVD player if it doesn't work switch to Verbatim or Prodisc and the problem should be solved. Don't worry about your authoring software I know people who edit the same way. Glad I could help. Take Care

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 01:05 PM   #7
Regular Crew

It's also possible that the DVD player is so old that it won't play any burned DVD's.
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #8
New Boot

May need DVD+R

I have experienced many times that some of the lass expensive DVD players will operate fine with either DVD+R or DVD-R, but not both. You may need to just burn the other format.
Ron Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #9
Major Player

Start with good quality +R discs...I use Taiyo Yuden.
Then enable bit setting on your burner.
You might have to upgrade to a hacked firmware to do this. I did on my NEC.
Anyway, with the bit setting enable on a +R disc, DVD players will see a DVD-ROM, not a +R.
DVD-ROM is what commercial DVDs are.

Been going this route for a while and have yet to meet a machine that wouldn't play my discs.

HTH,
Bob

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques