Dolby Digital 5.1? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 10th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
most clients DONT want unknown music, and in countries like australia, where copyright is only a license fee away, its a no brianer when it comes to letting the cleint decide what music to choose. In mot situations, the cleint would prefer to chose thier own soundtrack, and despite our efforts as producers, some still dont get the gist when it comes to appropriate musc selection. Thats just a part of the game i guess.. sure enough, what ur saying is correct, and i wasnt implying u werent, however in the real world wedding scenario, most producers would be using audio selected by the clients themselves.

I sure understand what you are saying, but i rather convince my clients not to choose commercial music and they agree with me almost every time (but on my last one the B&G wanted me to use Massive Attack songs... come on, i love MA, but on a wedding video??????).
Luis Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 02:25 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Rolo
I sure understand what you are saying, but i rather convince my clients not to choose commercial music and they agree with me almost every time (but on my last one the B&G wanted me to use Massive Attack songs... come on, i love MA, but on a wedding video??????).
IMO MA ""Protection"" is a perfect track (for a wedding) , but i guess its all an element of style and personal taste. See, if the client tells u what they want before u shoot u can set up your shooting routine with that soundtrack in mind. Makes life easier.
As for trying to convince client to forgo their own discretion when it comes to music, despite whethers its 5.1 or not, i (and many of my clients) feel that it takes an element of power away from clients.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques