Our First Wedding Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 21st, 2006, 10:26 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken
Hi Douglas,

It is relatively newer.

I first heard of a "Prequel" several years ago at WEVA Expo. It was just a short minute or two preview of the days events. We never did a Prequel because we put the Highlight at the beginning of the DVD.

I have seen more and more wedding trailers on the net. It's a great way to build anticipation of the completed wedding movie, much like hollywoods trailers.

I know some videographers make a trailer the weekend or week after the wedding and then email the link to the Bride, who then shares it with all of her friends. It's great advertising.
Great idea. I suppose that it would be nice if you are doing a same day edit screen presentation to ended that way.
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:47 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nistler
...The only thing that confused me was the illumination on the bride and her father as they processed and stopped. What was going on there? At first I thought, "Nice, look at the metaphor of her brilliance and radiance." But then the light continued on the father and his face looked sort of washed out during a momentary freeze frame. Then it made me wonder if a cameraman goofed by turning on 300+ watt light at the wrong moment. At any rate, if it was a special effect, I was lost when the father's face was illuminated with a freeze frame.

Otherwise, I was completely mesmorized by the clip - cudos to you both!

Warm Regards, Michael
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the kind words. I originally had that shot in 50 percent. It was okay, but I wanted a little more.
Musically that hit had the chord change and the bell ring like the previous two hits, but it also had a cymbal roll. That's when I decided to put the clip in one percent to take advantage of the flash.

Perhaps if I change the speed so the flash hits and then goes away it would look better.

Thanks for the observation.
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:22 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M. Smith
By the way, Mark, in the trailer there was a clip of something that had the words "Wild at Heart" inscribed on it. What were we looking at there? One of my absolute favorite books of all time is "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. I give copies to people all the time. So I'm interested in that clip. Could you elaborate?

Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,
Julie gave Caleb a sword on their wedding day with those words engraved on it. Yes that's right, a sword. They are big Brave Heart fans.
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Mark,

That is so cool. Makes perfect sense to me. Read "Wild at Heart" and you'll understand why.

-Dave

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques