Wedding Show – what do I need? tips & hints please! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM   #16
Regular Crew

FWIW - My advice is ditch the cameras and concentrate on what you are delivering... show it on as big screens as you can possibly afford. Having cameras on the stand simply attracts geeks and guys who want to discuss the technology etc. "Should I go HDV", "I see you use Sony" etc. etc. These are the last people you want to be talking to at a wedding fayre. You need to be speaking to Brides and their Mums... They are the ones that will get the money to pay for your services if they like what they see. In most cases they are not particularly interested in how you film it, or what cameras you use, it's the results they want to see.

If you're any good the films you show will sell your services.

Just my 2p

Chrome
Association of Professional Videomakers (UK) www.apv.org.uk
Megalith TV www.megalith.tv
Stephen M. Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #17
Major Player

Bridal Show and the videographer

Hi Andrew,

Looks like you've got some good suggestions here. I also suggest you listen to the 10/15/06 WedVidTalk episode where Kathy and Al interview Laura Randall and the stellar job she does:

http://www.wedvidtalk.com/WedVidTalk_Podcasts.xml
http://www.edit1media.com/

And while most videographers aren't going to spend $5,000+ to anchor a bridal show, it worth listening to what can work for a top wedding shooter (love those Microsoft $$$).

BTW, there's a *WORLD* of difference between bridal shows so hopefully you've done your homework picking the best ones. If not, try to buddy up with photographers and DJs so you don't spend good money on bad shows.

Regards, Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Andrew,

Here is my two cents on this topic.

Always remmember IMAGE is everything, look and be professional. Know your market.
You need Business cards,Flyers, a nice booth, show your demo on loop playback, have "confidence" and frankly don't ever put the compitation down. SMILE & SMILE!!! get to know everyone from the florists to ballroom managers, Limo drivers and .........
Matthew Amirkhani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques