My 1st Wedding Photo Montage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:01 AM   #1
Major Player

My 1st Wedding Photo Montage

Hi all,

Here is my 1st wedding photo montage. Coz is my 1st time, so I don't know if I do right or not. Please Please Please given me some opinion and give me some tips!

here is the video
http://www.jumpcut.com/view?id=659EF...843EF340157CF2
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:06 AM   #2
Inner Circle

pretty cool man.. u had many MANY opportunities to split your image layers and recreate the composition, and if u had particle illusion, u could even animate the water on that boat shot (among other things).
If this is your first effort, its a pretty good one at that

cheers
p
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:27 AM   #3
Regular Crew

That was a very creative photo montage. I really enjoyed watching it. Thanks for sharing!
Sheldon Blais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:49 AM   #4
Trustee

Hi Leung, is the couple korean? I think the song is a little sad in meaning.. The photos r well taken i must say! As for the montage, kudos for the great timing to the music!! Like Peter said, a little photoshop work to seperate the couple from the backgnd could give u a lot more creativity! You could make the couple 'enlarge' while the background is moving. I'm also experimenting with particle illusion on how to animate the water for example..
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:59 AM   #5
Major Player

That was really good. It sure blew away my first attempts at a photo montage! The couple should really enjoy that. Like others said I think the photos were well taken and that helps so much when you put things together. Good work.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:08 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Really nice, I have no audio at work, so I watched it with Ton Loc's 'Funky Cold Madina' on the radio but just the same. I liked the heart forshadowing you did with the pictures. You had some good pics. I like that solem picture at the fence. Looks nice. Congrats.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
pretty cool man.. u had many MANY opportunities to split your image layers and recreate the composition, and if u had particle illusion, u could even animate the water on that boat shot (among other things).
If this is your first effort, its a pretty good one at that

cheers
p
Wow....I never think about that....I should really look into it!
thx very much!
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:11 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lynn
That was really good. It sure blew away my first attempts at a photo montage! The couple should really enjoy that. Like others said I think the photos were well taken and that helps so much when you put things together. Good work.

Ben
when you've got some nice photo on your hand, the editing is a joy. You are willing to spend more time to make it better~
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah
Hi Leung, is the couple korean? I think the song is a little sad in meaning.. The photos r well taken i must say! As for the montage, kudos for the great timing to the music!! Like Peter said, a little photoshop work to seperate the couple from the backgnd could give u a lot more creativity! You could make the couple 'enlarge' while the background is moving. I'm also experimenting with particle illusion on how to animate the water for example..
The couple are chinese and they ask me to use that song in montage....so I think they don't know what it means~~~
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:13 PM   #10
Major Player

Does not matter what I do, where I go, nothing happens. Just a big QuickTime question mark.

If I can't see, I can't comment. I've never had issues like this before.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:47 PM   #11
Trustee

I thought it was great. Loved the foreshadowing of the heart at the end. Reminds me that I should put more effort into my own photo montages, which tend to get more and more simple as the editing backlog mounts....
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:59 AM   #12
Major Player

Very nice

Hi SiuChung,

Thank for sharing the photo montage - very good timing (video/audio) and overall tempo. I also liked your assortment of burn-cut, zooms, rotations, disolves, pans, etc; not overdone to distract the viewer yet enough to maintain good interest (not an easy task working with stills).

Hopefully you'll keep it posted at the URL for some time - I'll certainly share this with other emerging videographers to illustrate how still photos can come to life. Thus far, the illustration I've been using was a still photo documentary (VideoMaker #11, Readers Showcase):

http://www.videomaker.com/vidcast/11/

Jack Schell (Gun Barrel City, TX) won an award for his excellent work and it's worth learning his "camera work" and editing techniques. At times it's hard to believe Jack didn't use a video camera (all done with a scanner).

Warm Regards,

Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques