DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Congrats To Our Very Own Glen Elliott (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/84951-congrats-our-very-own-glen-elliott.html)

Mark Von Lanken January 27th, 2007 06:18 PM

Congrats To Our Very Own Glen Elliott

Congratulations to Glen Elliott!

For those who do not know, Glen, who is to humble to bring this up himself, won 6 AAA's at the recent 4EVER Group Video 07. You can see what categories he won in and even see some of his videos at this link.
http://www.4evergroup.org/artisticac...ntawards.shtml

Michael McGruder January 27th, 2007 07:09 PM

SWEET!! Congrats Glen!!

Alastair Brown January 28th, 2007 01:41 AM

Congratulations! Also well done to Jason Magbanua who also frequents these forums on occasion.

Monday Isa January 28th, 2007 09:01 AM

Congrats Glen and Jason!!! You guys are very well skilled at telling stories, filming, and editing.

Patrick Moreau January 28th, 2007 08:05 PM

Your one to talk about being humble Mark, didn't you take several awards yourself, including 1st and 2nd in wedding highlights? Great job to both of you.

If the two of you don't mind sharing, roughly how old were the clips you edited? Was everything from within the past year?

Patrick

Michael Y Wong January 28th, 2007 08:11 PM

Congrats!!!! I for one would love to see some of this award winning material!

Patrick Moreau January 28th, 2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong
Congrats!!!! I for one would love to see some of this award winning material!

Did you actually click on the link? You can see all of the1st,2nd, and 3rd place winners there...

Michael Y Wong January 28th, 2007 08:30 PM

LOL yes, but i never knew u could actually click the names of the winners for the pop up of the work! IMO its not really clear.

Thanx for the heads up!

Mark Von Lanken January 29th, 2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau
Your one to talk about being humble Mark, didn't you take several awards yourself, including 1st and 2nd in wedding highlights? Great job to both of you.

If the two of you don't mind sharing, roughly how old were the clips you edited? Was everything from within the past year?

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Yes and we also won a pearl, honorable mention, in the Pre Ceremony category, but that is nothing compared to Glen's 6 awards. I was so happy for Glen.

The rules for the contest pertain to when the video was delivered to the client. I forget what the exact time frame was, but it was something like Spring of 05 to Summer of 06. So while our Diamond winner was shot in November of 04, it wasn't delivered until a year later, which is why it is just now winning an award in Jan of 07.

Yes, we have a deep backlong. Our contract states that the video will be delivered in 4-5 months after receiving the invitation and music selections. So, if a bride brings her music to us 7 months after the wedding, which does happen, her video will not be delivered until a year after the wedding.

Peter Jefferson January 29th, 2007 03:04 AM

Im glad im not the only one dealing with this issue.. one thign i found that even with contractual conditional reqiements (such as music) and the fact that they KNOW work wotn begin until those conditions are met (ie music is recieved) they still want it delivered superfast becuase "theyve waited so long"

As for the awards and some such, its great to see some incredible work out there. And considering some companies charge 10k + one would expect this level of quality.. as for Glen, ive said it time and time again, he should be charging at least 5k a job... his work really does stand out..

As an aside, one thign i DID notice about 95% of the presentations, is that theyre all short form. In addition to that, most of the work displayed here, although good "feels" very samey... might just be me though..

Steven Davis January 29th, 2007 07:31 AM

Congrats Glenn........................now that you've arrived, you must feel that retirment is the best thing to do.......................so I think it would be fitting to spread out your equipment amongst us low peons. I'll take a mono pod and any thing that has HDV on the side. :}

Glen Elliott January 29th, 2007 04:58 PM

Thanks Mark and everyone that responded. It's was a very flattering evening indeed. Mark is crazy to have left himself out they've won more awards then they can count. I wouldn't be suprised if there was a unused bedroom in the Von Lanken home dedicated as an awards shrine!

And Jason...wow, that guy is incredible as well. He pracitcally SWEPT the SDE catagory, and won a VERY presigeous award in the "Best OVERALL Wedding Video" catagory. That's one thing I've always wondered about his productions. Can the quality of his Highlights/SDE's hold up in the full production- apprently they DO.

Hats off to the both of you- and thank you kindly for this post. It was a pleasure seeing you all again. It was a blast to see your daughter snub Darrell at the trade-show. lol

Hope to see you and other DVinfo members at WEVA in August.