Theme music for trailers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 11th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Major Player

Theme music for trailers

Where do you guys find your music for the trailers you put together? I cant seem to find soundtracks that have up tempo instrumentals.

Thanks
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Major Player

We now make our own. We purchased an M-Audio Keystation Pro-88 Midi Controller and are interfacing it with a couple different multi-track sound programs. We can make any sounds we want - it's truly amazing. This way, you no longer have to worry about copyright infringement, royalties, etc. No one can say anything since you make it yourself. Takes a bit more time, but probably takes less time and saves worry over having to obtain licensing. Also saves money. SOme of those royalty free collections cost a ton of money, only to find that what you're looking for is not in the collection that you just spent hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars on.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 09:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Music

try freeplay music, great for alot of video
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley

Yeah, Freeplay has alot of really good and readily accessible stuff. But the the name is very misleading. Check out the licensing agreements before posting your Freeplay inclusive stuff on the web or using it for clients or commercially. It is certainy not free, and in fact is arguably not even very competitive in the licensing fees arena compared to other licensing outlets. (Though their abundance of content and good quality may justify the cost if you like the stuff. I'm am pretty familiar with their library and I hear it all over the place on tv shows and commercials.)

I'm not the most informed on this issue, but I have learned enough to know that you need to read the licensing agreements for that type of material.
-Jon
Old February 16th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley

Yeah, Freeplay has alot of really good and readily accessible stuff. But the the name is very misleading. Check out the licensing agreements before posting your Freeplay inclusive stuff on the web or using it for clients or commercially. It is certainy not free, and in fact is arguably not even very competitive in the licensing fees arena compared to other licensing outlets. (Though their abundance of content and good quality may justify the cost if you like the stuff. I'm am pretty familiar with their library and I hear it all over the place on tv shows and commercials.)

I'm not the most informed on this issue, but I have learned enough to know that you need to read the licensing agreements for that type of material.
-Jon
Old February 16th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #6
Trustee

Oops, I slipped on the mouse and double posted. Moderator, please remove my repeat (and this one? ) if possible. Thanks.
-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques