DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   High Octane Edit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/86797-high-octane-edit.html)

Glen Elliott February 18th, 2007 12:07 AM

High Octane Edit

Haven't shared any of my newer work publicly so here goes a recent clip...

link removed

Greg Boston February 18th, 2007 12:12 AM

Very cool, Glen. Two questions. What camera are you shooting with these days and how do you coach the wedding party to get those performances?

-gb-

Glen Elliott February 18th, 2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Very cool, Glen. Two questions. What camera are you shooting with these days and how do you coach the wedding party to get those performances?

-gb-

Sony PD-170's.

Here's a short clip showing how I prep the clients...

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/XrayCredits.wmv

Monday Isa February 18th, 2007 01:55 AM

Solid job on this one Glen, very well done. Thanks for sharing this clip.

Monday

Peter Jefferson February 19th, 2007 08:47 PM

As usual Glen, ur work speaks to the market in ways where soon enough, you'll be so busy that you wont know wht to do with yourself.
The diversity in your work shows that you can tap into the clients Psyche and this is paramount to establishing your differences within compared to others.

Really incredibe stuff mate, and i jsut wish i had the time (and the type of clientelle) to be able to do something like this LOL

I noticed it was compressed to Mov, have u swtiched to FCP already?

Glen Elliott February 19th, 2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
As usual Glen, ur work speaks to the market in ways where soon enough, you'll be so busy that you wont know wht to do with yourself.
The diversity in your work shows that you can tap into the clients Psyche and this is paramount to establishing your differences within compared to others.

Really incredibe stuff mate, and i jsut wish i had the time (and the type of clientelle) to be able to do something like this LOL

I noticed it was compressed to Mov, have u swtiched to FCP already?

Thanks Peter. Yes I've been editing exclusively on FCP for the last 2-3 weddings now.

Steven Davis February 20th, 2007 01:54 PM

Is the first link dead? I'm sure one of those guys wives leaned over later and said, 'Why do you smell like rubber?'

Jason Robinson February 20th, 2007 01:55 PM

it is now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Is the first link dead?

It was up for the first few days but has been removed now.

jason

Chris Harris February 25th, 2007 09:03 PM

I'm not only impressed, but inspired by your work. It's amazing! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to view some of your work.

Glen Elliott February 25th, 2007 09:06 PM

Thank you kindly.

FYI I had to remove the file from the server for band-width purposes.

Jeffrey J Faulkner February 28th, 2007 04:36 PM

Well Done

>Here's a short clip showing how I prep the clients...<

I really like the footage, you preped the clients well and it shows.

Sean Seah March 2nd, 2007 07:34 AM

Glenn's instructional DVD ROCKS!! Its great learning material.. i bought one n the support form Glenn was GREAT. Btw, is FCP really better than Vegas?

Glen Elliott March 2nd, 2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah (Post 634597)
Glenn's instructional DVD ROCKS!! Its great learning material.. i bought one n the support form Glenn was GREAT. Btw, is FCP really better than Vegas?

Thanks Sean.

Regarding FCP vs Vegas...no I can't really chose a clear cut winner. It's very much a mixed bag. I like some features better on FCP and some on Vegas. Now OSX vs XP/Vista...OSX all the way.

Steven Davis March 2nd, 2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott (Post 634817)
Thanks Sean.

Regarding FCP vs Vegas...no I can't really chose a clear cut winner. It's very much a mixed bag. I like some features better on FCP and some on Vegas. Now OSX vs XP/Vista...OSX all the way.

Hehe, It's nice to see you on the fence Glenn.