DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Resumes/wedding experience (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/87056-resumes-wedding-experience.html)

Ben Mahoney February 20th, 2007 04:43 PM

Resumes/wedding experience

Hi guys,

I just graduated school so im doing my resume. I have been shooting weddings a couple of years and basically started my own company and have ran every aspect of it. Aside from school projects this is the brunt of my production experience. I was just wondering if guys knew the correct way to show this in a resume. I think you are supposed to list off each production you have done, so do i list each wedding? If you guys have any suggestions or if I could even see copy's of any of your resumes I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
Ben Mahoney

Don Bloom February 20th, 2007 05:08 PM

If it were me, I would put it in as "Ben Mahoney Videography" (or what ever you called your business) Weddings and social events 3 years (maybe specify the years-2001 to 2004 or whatever) I don't think they'd really be interested in the specifics.

Don

Ben Mahoney February 22nd, 2007 11:57 PM

Thanks for the response Don, I'll definitely use your advice.

Waldemar Winkler February 24th, 2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Mahoney
Hi guys,

I just graduated school so im doing my resume. I have been shooting weddings a couple of years and basically started my own company and have ran every aspect of it. Aside from school projects this is the brunt of my production experience. I was just wondering if guys knew the correct way to show this in a resume. I think you are supposed to list off each production you have done, so do i list each wedding? If you guys have any suggestions or if I could even see copy's of any of your resumes I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
Ben Mahoney

Most professional business resume's feature an individual professional objective (the immediate goal) which is followed by a retroressive employment history. Education achievements are listed next.

Artistic resume's state area of proficiency first. This is followed by a list of exhibitions/productions with detail clarifications when necessary. A painter probably woudn't need a clarification where a production assistant might need to define role. In any case, the decending priority would always be role/job title followed by institution, then relevant dates and summary details. Again, education is listed last. The reader of an artistic resume wants to know what has been accomplished which must be supported with visual representation. Education is listed last because it is the basis of work. Indeed, astute resume readers will likely know educational influence long before they get to that section.

To get a variety of resume's relevant to your particular needs, do an internet search, like "artist, sculpture, steel", or whatever seems relevant. You will eventually narrow the search to persons of like mind and intention. See what they have posted, and create something similar but absolutely unique to you.

Hope this helps.