Which entry camcorder for weddings? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 24th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Grunseth
Many large post production houses use different systems for different aspects of post production. A common post production workflow is to offline in Avid, then conform and color correct on a Da Vinci system. Many large production houses also use large, complex A/B roll tape based edit systems. Although it may seem like tape to tape editing is obsolete, it is a cost effective way to edit uncompressed footage- and when dealing with HD footage on digibeta the quality really can't be beat. Usually though Avid and sometimes Final Cut Pro is used for the offline edit.

One of the major reasons Avid is still the preferred editor in large production facilities is it has strong support for integrations in networked systems and shared storage facilities. Final Cut Pro is more of an all in one solution, but doesn't fit into a larger production facility as well and lacks the same support for shared media and ability to work on a large coorporate network.

Bit Central, a leading content management company responsible for both the CBS newspath content distribution system and NBC's news source content distribution system as well as numerous content management systems at local stations and production houses has chosen edius as its editor of choice and is actively installing server based production systems using edius as the main software editing interface.

If you want to learn an editing system to get into the post production idustry- I would say start with Avid as it is still the most used, then learn FCP or Adobe Premier Pro (if you know one the other is easy). Once you know both Avid and FCP or APP other applications like edius will come naturally. Also, it is useful to learn tape based systems- especially A/B roll editing.
Great reply, much appreciated. I am starting with Final Cut Studio though, already ordered & should get macbook pro this week.

Camera wise I went with PD150 second-hand.

Thanks for all replies, helped me a lot with deciding which camera to get for the wedding work.
Roman Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #32
Wrangler

Keep it friendly, folks

I've made some posts go away because they constitute an argument about Vegas NLE.

Also, let's keep the language clean. Folks of all ages read the forum.

Thanks,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques