Promoting wedding video business - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 12th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #16
Major Player

I recently suspended my Google Adwords account. It is just too tricky. You have to constantly watch your ratings and ad positions.

Also, keywords like “wedding video” are almost impossible to land on the first page of results unless you want to pay $5 per click.

I might give Adwords another shot down the road but I’m sticking to free internet advertising for now.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 05:18 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Promoting wedding video business

Has any one ever thought of having different vendors/products advertisements on clients wedding movies ? Sounds weird but just another way to make some more money thru placing ads ?
Roger Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:28 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!!! Eight years - Is this a record?
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 05:04 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!!! Eight years - Is this a record?
Hahaha this is an interesting part of the business to revisit?

How do people advertise now?
Craig McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:54 AM   #20
Major Player

I left out advertising 20 years ago. Wasted lots of money with little results, especially in newspapers, bridal magazines and bridal shows ( what a waste of time and money). Placing business cards everywhere was a waste of time. I even saw at times other videographer's business cards in laundromats, convenience stores, and in supermarkets pasted on the entrance/exit areas. I even saw them in barber shops. doctor's offices and in a retail shoe store, of all places. What did work extremely well for me was hooking up with 4 female wedding planners that were hungry for money. I paid them a flat rate commission of $300 for every contract. This I did for the first 3 years back in 1992 resulting in well over 50 bookings a year. When my client referrals and word of mouth started coming in, I stopped using their services altogether. I also learned that the planners are working on a strict budget from the bride, meet their budget and you are most likely to book.
Arthur Gannis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques