My Website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 24th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My Website

Hello to all,
I need some advice about my website::::::;;

http://videoideasproductions.com/weddings.htm

Workiing on it!

Thanks,

Willia Osorio
William Osorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Major Player

These comments are based solely upon quick first impressions.

Text, text, text. We have so much we want to say, and such little space in which to say it. Take all of your text on your home page, set it at least a 48 point font size or larger, and do some serious editing to make it all fit on one 800 x 600 window. Don't compromise your message. Say it all. Just say it in fewer words. Provide links to pdf documents if you really want to get into the details.
Provide both flash and QuickTime versions of your samples.
Old February 26th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Major Player

I concur. There is a lot of text in a small amount of space. I would go through the text and eliminate everything that doesn't need to be said. I would also add some headers that provide a significant amount of contrast to the text of the content. My biggest problem as a visitor is that the eye doesn't know where to go to first.

Also, the background is a little hard on the eyes.
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Website Feedback

Hi William,

Your website certainly has well thought out content from a business perspective and is nicely organized. The commercial video demos showed good quality and were quite compelling, yet the wedding videos didn't seem to match - perhaps you have better samples or could produce a new one that demonstrates your true potential. Something is amiss on the audio flash player - it streams way to slow (I gave up).

Yes, the other posters are correct - the home page needs more image and less words (save that for the other detail pages); give the target audience just enough to make the message clear and compelling. Also, try adding some borders between the table elements with text to improve readability. BTW, I did appreciate your efforts to focus on the client benefits of doing biz with you and how you differentiate your company, products, and services.

If you'd like a detailed design analysis, organizational structure, navigation, search engine considerations, etc, please PM me. Congratulations on a well thought out site.

Regards, Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques