DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Introducing Myself and a Few Clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/89287-introducing-myself-few-clips.html)

Darrell Aubert March 18th, 2007 10:45 PM

Introducing Myself and a Few Clips

Hey guys! I'm not exactly new to this forum but I can't remember the last time I posted here. So for those of you who don't know me from other forums, Hello!

Just a little about myself...

I own Event DVP over in Philadelphia, PA. I do weddings, corporate, and other social events. Been in the business for three years now and loving it. I recently had the chance to speak at this year's 4EG Video 07 convention in Jacksonville along side my buddies Glen Elliott and Joshua Smith. It was a blast and I hope I can do it again.

Anyways, Here's my website, www.videothatlives.com. Please feel free to check out the clips I have in my theater. Always looking for responses on my work.

Thanks guys!

Joe Allen Rosenberger March 19th, 2007 01:15 AM

Darell,

Welcome, I made a quick glance.....nice website(clean and simple) which I like.....and nice samples!

Cheers, Joe

Monday Isa March 19th, 2007 08:54 AM

Hey Darrell! Welcome! You have a lot of insight to share and glad you decided to participate more in this forum.

Monday

Darrell Aubert March 19th, 2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Allen Rosenberger (Post 644058)
Darell,

Welcome, I made a quick glance.....nice website(clean and simple) which I like.....and nice samples!

Cheers, Joe

Thanks Joe!

Darrell Aubert March 19th, 2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monday Isa (Post 644212)
Hey Darrell! Welcome! You have a lot of insight to share and glad you decided to participate more in this forum.

Good to see you again Monday! Hopefully I can help some people out with my knowledge.

Colby Knight March 19th, 2007 04:24 PM

Darrell, I absolutely LOVE your open video ('video that lives').

Nicely done!

Darrell Aubert March 19th, 2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby Knight (Post 644451)
Darrell, I absolutely LOVE your open video ('video that lives').

Nicely done!

Hey thanks Colby!

Michael Steeves March 19th, 2007 05:08 PM

Great stuff...

Hello,
I'm new to the DV business, so when I see samples like that I get a little tingle down my spine and some goose bumps to boot. I can only aspire to offer that calibre of video product, and maybe one day I will. As for now, I bow to your greatness.

Darrell Aubert March 19th, 2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Steeves (Post 644476)
Hello,
I'm new to the DV business, so when I see samples like that I get a little tingle down my spine and some goose bumps to boot. I can only aspire to offer that calibre of video product, and maybe one day I will. As for now, I bow to your greatness.

Haha. This honestly made me smile. The compliments are appreciated but no need to bow down. Everyone starts somewhere. I'm not about to show people the first wedding I ever did. And by no means am I even near the best. There are a lot of people I look up to and are inspired by, many even on this board.
But thanks for the compliments Mike.

Paul Nguyen March 19th, 2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Aubert (Post 643999)
Anyways, Here's my website, www.videothatlives.com. Please feel free to check out the clips I have in my theater. Always looking for responses on my work.
Thanks guys!

Hey Darrell, I loved the demo and most of all I think your quote "video lives" embodies what we all try to tell our clients when they are deciding whether they should have video or not.

Brilliant camera work - BRAVO!!

Darrell Aubert March 19th, 2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Nguyen (Post 644532)
Hey Darrell, I loved the demo and most of all I think your quote "video lives" embodies what we all try to tell our clients when they are deciding whether they should have video or not.

Brilliant camera work - BRAVO!!

Hey thanks Paul. In my quest to build a brand, I took advantage of the phrase "video that lives" making it part of my name and also my webdomain. I think it's working.
Thanks for the compliments on the camera work!

Dante Waters March 20th, 2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Aubert (Post 644573)
Hey thanks Paul. In my quest to build a brand, I took advantage of the phrase "video that lives" making it part of my name and also my webdomain. I think it's working.
Thanks for the compliments on the camera work!

Well done... you site is clean and simple, and you content is quite tasteful.

Your work is great... Simple, Clean, and your angles and compositions are thoughtful. What editing software, and hardware are you using?

Peter Jefferson March 20th, 2007 01:20 AM

nice to meet you..
enjoy your stay, beers in the fridge, toilets round the back....

:)

Mark Morikawa March 20th, 2007 04:39 AM

Very simple site.... great videos, your theater section will do all the work for you.
good job

Nicholas Valentine March 20th, 2007 07:36 AM

Very nice layout and nice video. I was thinking about using that same music for my demo as I'm a big BSG fan and I love the music for it. Great job.