Favorite Highlights of '06 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 25th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #16
Major Player

I think Pats images alone and fine editing told a fantastic story, and the "need" for natuaral audio is not a "need" by any means....its mearly a subjective opinion, and we all have them.
Not every piece someone posts is going to have every element "one" thinks it should.

Pats work is without question some of the best work you will see around here and some of the best Ive seen in the wedding biz period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Aubert View Post
Patrick, you have a good eye and you get solid shots. One thing I feel about your clip, however, is that I am disconnected from what is going on. As a videographer I recognize the well composed shots but as someone with no connection to the wedding, I feel like I'm watching a slideshow of really good pictures. There is no natural audio. To quote my good friend Glen Elliott, by not using natural audio you're not using all the tools available to you to tell the story. I have no idea what the people there sounded like, what their vows were, etc. etc.
Do you get what I'm saying?
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #17
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Allen Rosenberger View Post
I think Pats images alone and fine editing told a fantastic story, and the "need" for natuaral audio is not a "need" by any means....its mearly a subjective opinion, and we all have them.
Not every piece someone posts is going to have every element "one" thinks it should.

Pats work is without question some of the best work you will see around here and some of the best Ive seen in the wedding biz period.
Wow, thanks for the kind words Joe. It is really great to hear that you think that much of what I have shared here.

Patrick
www.still-motion.ca
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
Wow, thanks for the kind words Joe. It is really great to hear that you think that much of what I have shared here.

Patrick
www.still-motion.ca

You're welcome....and it's credit long overdue!
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Allen Rosenberger View Post

here here.
Possibly THE best IMO....
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #20
Major Player

Looking forward to our first shoot 2gether Patrick! Great clips!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques