DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Plug In or Effert for preimere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/90368-plug-effert-preimere.html)

Tom McDougal March 31st, 2007 08:20 AM

Plug In or Effert for preimere

Hello, I'm intrested in video editing for weddings as I'm sought of in the business (i work for a wedding advertiseing company). I love watching examples on this site as they provide an excellance for editing and captureing the joy of bride and groom. I have been editing for about a year now and would like to do more (not sure if video is for me yet, its just a job now)

With that said, I started looking of the training links but had more of a direct question with plug ins. Where is a good place to buy them or download (if free)

One plug-in I looking for in particular is the fade to white where it starts the fade from the white elements on screen. I see this a ton of times here and on other wedding day video shots. It is a great effect.

TIA

Mark Morikawa April 1st, 2007 05:32 AM

get after effects, their transitions can do that

Richard Wakefield April 1st, 2007 06:04 AM

it's very very simple, and we've touched on this in a previous thread.
most effects are achievable just by playing around with exisiting plugins.

the way i personally do it in PPro, is just turn up the procamp brightness to about 90. this increases the brightness in a way that brings the whites out first. much more impressive than just 'fading into a white screen'.

if u have premiere pro 2, you can save time by saving this preset.
Also, you can use it in conjunction with a blur-increase. you will see this effect on almost every TV programme at the moment.

Peter Jefferson April 1st, 2007 12:36 PM

or u could just use vegas flash transition...

Richard Wakefield April 1st, 2007 01:26 PM

true Peter, but he's using Premiere

Mark Morikawa April 2nd, 2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 652201)
just turn up the procamp brightness to about 90.

whats procamp?

Tom McDougal April 4th, 2007 07:08 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. I will try this out.
Same question as above poster, what is procomp?

Prehaps I can do just stock video files and try it out and post it soon.

I don't have 2.0 but I see CS3 is right around the corner. My boss wanted to upgrade to 2.0 but we never got around to it. CS3 will probally be our next step. I used 2 and there are so many features i'm looking forward to.

Richard Wakefield April 5th, 2007 12:46 AM

procamp is under 'video effects' - 'adjust' in new and old versions of PPro

Tom McDougal April 6th, 2007 08:54 AM

Thanks... I suppose I need to play with filters, plug-ins, etc as there are many items to play with.

Jason Magbanua April 9th, 2007 06:11 AM

genarts sapphire glow effect has the exact same thing you're describing.

cheers,
Jason