Online Printing for Wedding Photos at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 13th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Online Printing for Wedding Photos

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with video, but I still need some help. I need some recommendations on where to get 198 4x6 prints made online. I'm looking for a place that has good quality and isn't very expensive. It's kind of a rush job as the first batch of wedding photos turned out terrible. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Alf Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #2
Regular Crew

www.mpix.com

Professional quality with reasonable prices, in my opinion.
Andrea Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Alf -
I know this will sound horribly cheezy, but if you need it really fast, check out the evil blue retail big box store out of Arkansas (yeah, THOSE guys...) - their web site is amazingly fast and mostly reliable... YMMV, had good and bad experiences... BUT, if you have a store in your area with 1 hour processing, you can upload a couple sample files and see if the print quality is adequate for you - they will be the satin finish not glossy from the "quicky" process, not a lot of choices overall, but if you've got the "need for speed" this is one way to get pix fast and cheeeeep. I think the major drugstore chains even have instant processing at kiosks too...

One key thing to remember though, run a few test shots through to see how their machine handles your pictures - then adjust if needed before sending/printing. YOU are the lab, and while the machines may be able to "correct" bad pictures and whatnot, you're better to "pre-process" and run tests.

Just an idea you might not otherwise consider, but if you're in a bind it should get you unstuck!

DB>)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques