DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Sfe ?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/92433-sfe.html)

Vincent Oliver April 26th, 2007 04:22 AM

Sfe ??

Having caused a bit of a stir in the SDE thread, I thought you might like to know that I have just completed editing my video, shot on 15th April -

Same Fortnight Edit - SFE

I don't know how any of you guys can do it on the same day - it took me four and a half hours just to transfer all the footage to my hard drive (I download the lot and then start the editing). The final production took me three days to edit - and I know Premiere Pro 2 inside out. Maybe I will be able to speed things up in the future, but for the time being I like to provide a full coverage of the whole event.

I will be showing the Bride and Groom the One hour fifteen minute DVD this evening.

Thanks to Jason for his inspiration - I admit I used a couple of his ideas in my production.

Richard Wakefield April 26th, 2007 04:50 AM

i think we were expecting a link to your efforts? :)

anyway, i don't do SDE's but i know for a fact it def. WOULD NOT be a case of transferring 4+ hours of footage....just find the odd minute here, the odd minute there of the vows, the kiss, the crowd reactions, and transfer those....quickly whack them into your PPro2 timeline (pre-prepared with titles etc), then put back to tape, or render out...it'll only be a few minutes highlights so wouldn't take v.long

cheers, well done on the SFE, hope they like it

Dana Salsbury April 26th, 2007 08:06 AM

SFE...LOL

How about a STWE (Same Two Weeks Edit)? No Problem.

Victor Kellar April 26th, 2007 08:36 AM

Vincent, I think there must be different definitions of what a SDE is. I do them for several studios here. They are never meant as a "replacement" for a regular wedding edit; I do those too

Our SDEs are really like kind of little teasers. They are usually a few minutes long and are shown at the hall just before the B&G enter

So I have everything setup at the studio before I begin. I use a couple of standard pieces of music, I pre-make the titles, set up the project, etc

Then I go to the church and meet the cameraman at the end of the ceremony and take the tapes he has already shot. He then goes with the bridal party to the park. That usually gives me one to two hours before the hall entrances

Back to the studio and I log and capture only the shots I need: Five or six shots from the groom's house, same with the bride, everyone entering the church, the whole of the vows, cutaways, some of the "kissing for peace" a little of the signing, up the aisle, a couple of shots outside.

Cut it all together, burn the DVD then off to the Hall to meet the camerman or DJ so they get the disk

I have done a couple of different ones, customized to some theme or music the couple want but the same thing goes: Know what you are going to do with the video, grab the shots you need and away you go

Mark Holland April 26th, 2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana Salsbury (Post 667813)
SFE...LOL

How about a STWE (Same Two Weeks Edit)? No Problem.

Or for some studios I know of ... SYE? (Any guesses?)

Kim Swift April 26th, 2007 01:53 PM

Hee Hee ...

same YEAR edit! :)

Mark Holland April 30th, 2007 08:57 AM

You got it!