DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Muslim Wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/93835-muslim-wedding.html)

John Moon May 11th, 2007 03:32 PM

Muslim Wedding

We got our first Muslim wedding and one of the restrictions is that a female videographer is allowed to do the filming. Luckily my wife and I work together in the business. In fact I am banished from the bride even seeing me so I guess I will be the gear rat and the gofer. So from a previous post I read....here is another advantage to being a female in the business. So....any recommendations or things to watch out for? We want to be respectful to her religion.
Thanks,
John

Travis Cossel May 11th, 2007 04:38 PM

Hopefully you get some useful tips here, but I would also say that I think the best thing to do would be to talk to the bridge and groom. Be up front and let them know that you want to be respectful to all their traditions and have them give you information.

Paul J Carey May 11th, 2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 677584)
Hopefully you get some useful tips here, but I would also say that I think the best thing to do would be to talk to the bridge and groom. Be up front and let them know that you want to be respectful to all their traditions and have them give you information.

Well, personally, I don't think it's very respectful to refer to her as the "bridge". LOL...

Travis Cossel May 12th, 2007 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul J Carey (Post 677655)
Well, personally, I don't think it's very respectful to refer to her as the "bridge". LOL...

I guess I would have to agree with you there, lol.

Jason Robinson May 12th, 2007 03:51 PM

confusion

So is the restriction that a female cannot do the video, or that only a female is allowed to do the video?

John Moon May 13th, 2007 07:11 AM

Female videographer to shoot the wedding. The bridal consultant said it has been quite a job for her because she had to hire all female server staff. I can be there but she just is not allowed to see any males.

Bruce S. Yarock May 13th, 2007 07:29 AM

John,
How about you wearing a burkha a a disguise?
Bruce S. Yarock

Tom Hardwick May 13th, 2007 08:12 AM

I'm quite sure that here in the UK there are laws that stop such sexual discrimination in the workplace.

John Moon May 13th, 2007 09:55 AM

lol. I thought about that. :)

Jason Robinson May 13th, 2007 05:47 PM

laws yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick (Post 678304)
I'm quite sure that here in the UK there are laws that stop such sexual discrimination in the workplace.

sure there might be laws but the difference would be getting the job (ie the money) versus not getting the money.

jason