DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/94033-help.html)

Kiflom Bahta May 14th, 2007 02:14 PM

Help

Hi guys, I have a client who wants wedding bells, cake, champagne bottles and glasses on her video. I normally keep it simple with by using dissolve cuz I don't want to take any thing form the big picture. So do you know where I can get software to do that? Thx

Don Bloom May 14th, 2007 05:27 PM

I think one of the following would have those good old 80s and early 90s things.

Pixel Pops, Digital Juice Wedding Package and I can't for the life of me think of the 3rd one. sorry.

Don

Vincent Croce May 14th, 2007 09:10 PM

Digital Juice Jumpback Vol. 4 (Weddings) has the champagne glasses, and Editor's Toolkit Wedding Tools Vol.1 has the bells and the cake. I've got most of their wedding specific stuff and haven't found the champagne bottles though. All of them were produced in the least cheesy way possible, which is tough to do with those items that inherently reek of cheese...
The DJ folks are great to deal with, too, and have some very nice deals going on right now.
Good luck with the cheese.

Rick Steele May 15th, 2007 12:15 PM

I haven't used this "cartoonish" crap since '96 I think. :)

It's rare to even hear anybody ask for it so let me guess... this bride most likely saw somebody's wedding video from 10 years ago and is using it as the benchmark for all videos, right?

Well... I guess the customer is always right. (Even when they're wrong).

Kiflom Bahta May 16th, 2007 02:06 AM

Yeap you are right. she brought one of her friends video to show me as a sample. I just check digital juice and they don't have those effects. I don't know what to do?

Rick Steele May 16th, 2007 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiflom Bahta (Post 680280)
Yeap you are right. she brought one of her friends video to show me as a sample. I just check digital juice and they don't have those effects. I don't know what to do?

Just tell her those effects aren't widely used in the wedding biz for the same reason she never sees them at the movie theatre. Also tell her you prefer to concentrate less on the distracting flashy sizzle and more on the story.

Show her one of your past weddings and simply say, "this is what I do".

But if you insist on using them, Digital Juice does indeed still have them.

Cole McDonald May 16th, 2007 09:58 AM

spray paint a wine glass/champagne bottle/bell white and shoot it against a black velvet background. Use it as an alpha mask. You can resize it or zoom to make the transition (if that's what we're talking about here)...the cake could literally be their cake if you bring your black velvet backdrop to shoot the cake.

Kiflom Bahta May 17th, 2007 03:27 AM

Thanks you guys, i just checked digital juice and they have similar effects. This so cheezy but that what she wants and she can have it!!!