DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Need Music for Quinceanera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/94154-need-music-quinceanera.html)

Tim Harjo May 15th, 2007 06:09 PM

Need Music for Quinceanera

Hi all. I'm doing my first Quinceanera Vid. First let me say that I speak no spanish. I am friends with some photographers that refered the clients to me. Anyway, I finished the entire thing and had my photog friends look it over.

For my highlight vid I picked out "Labios Compartidos" by Maná from their album "Amar Es Combatir". My friends told me that this song would be unapropriate. :(

So now I am stuck. I asked them to suggest a song and they offered "I can only imagine" by Mercy Me. That doesn't go either.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? I'm looking for modern and something that's not offensive. Spanish would be cool, but it does not have to be.

Miguel Avila May 15th, 2007 07:43 PM

some ideas

Aleks Syntek - Mundo Lite, this is a good overall album worth listening to each song.
La Oreja de Van Gogh - Lo que te contaba mientras te hacia la dormida, I've used most of the songs on this album.
Julieta Venegas - "Sal y Limon", "Eres Para Mi"
Reik - couple of songs are good not sure of titles
Juanes - "A dios le pido", "Para Tu Amor", "Tu Guardian", "Fofografia"

Mana songs are too depressing.

I hope that helps!

Tim Harjo May 15th, 2007 08:00 PM

Thankyou so much Muguel... this helps a lot!

So this song.. Te Soñe by Aleks Syntek off of Mundo Lite

Can you tell me what it means or what the song is about?

Miguel Avila May 15th, 2007 08:42 PM

Te Sone
Aleks Sintek

Te Sone means I dreamed of you, and he's talking about a girl.
In the song he starts off by saying
I dreamed of you,
I was awake and I saw you,
I thought of dreaming because I could not imagine it was real,
Such luck waking up,
and see you resting,
Safe and next to me.

I dreamed of you,
You were so beautiful, such woman,
I thought of dreaming,
Because I couldn't imagine
What my life would be without your love,
Without your warmth.

I had moments,
Of deep solitude,
And now I don't believe it,
And find myself next to you,
I was desperate on the verge of falling,
And you appeared one day,
Coming to my life,
and I dreamed of you.

then the verses repeat
It's a very nice song to either start or finish the vid.

Jaadgy Akanni May 15th, 2007 08:49 PM

Definitely not MaNa.

For a quinceañera, I would try to stick with girl singers like:
Julieta Venegas
Shakira
Paulina Rubio
La Oreja de Vangogh
Belinda

I'd probably got with "Eres Para Mi" by Julieta Venegas...very sweet song whose first few lyrics say "eres para mi, me lo ha dicho el viento" which means "you were meant for me, I heard it in the wind(or more literally "the wind told me") It's also kind of upbeat.

Dana Salsbury May 15th, 2007 09:27 PM

Tim, I'd love to see the finished piece when you are finished. A local place does a TON of these, so if they are worth it to do, I might jump in. Are they boring? Are there interesting things to film?

Jaadgy Akanni May 15th, 2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana Salsbury (Post 680186)
Tim, I'd love to see the finished piece when you are finished. A local place does a TON of these, so if they are worth it to do, I might jump in. Are they boring? Are there interesting things to film?

I've never shot Quinceañeras, but I imagine that it must be more exciting to shoot than a wedding. Celebrating their 15th birthday is a huge deal in the life of these girls, and a very exciting event for the guests and all the young participants, and all that makes for unpredictably wonderful footage.

Monday Isa May 16th, 2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana Salsbury (Post 680186)

Hey Dana,
Quinceaneras are unbelievably fun. My company primarily film those events with a few weddings a year. A lot of it also depends on the court. You may have a fun group of kids which is 99% of the time. Or you may end up with a dead beat crowd which has happened only once to me in the last year. Lots more action from the group than the average wedding. I say average cause we have also had some fun weddings, but they weren't out of control teenagers (^_^). Also those interview questions work great with this age group. They will go on through the night saying unbelievably funny things without having to be drunk. Try one out.

For music I also recommend RBD Feliz Cumpleanos