DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Agreement (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/95159-wedding-agreement.html)

Tomasz Kalinowski May 27th, 2007 08:54 PM

Wedding Agreement

Hi,

I need help with agreement form. What should I put in it?
Could anybody give a sample or suggestion?

Thank you,

Tom

Jeff Emery May 28th, 2007 05:23 PM

Tom,

If you google wedding contracts, you'll find sources for various agreements that you can copy or adapt to fit your need.

In the meantime, I'm willing to let you have a .pdf copy of the contract for video services that I use. It is more inclusive than many I have seen but likely not as inclusive as many in this forum may use.

Be that as it may, send an email to me at jeff@emeryvideo.com and I'll email back a link to the .pdf file. Use it, adapt it, or scrap it. Your choice.

Jeff

Jon Omiatek May 28th, 2007 06:37 PM

Unfortunately, contracts are always open for discussion in court. I would recommend taking your input from other videographers and having an attorney look it over. It's worth the money to have the best contract possible.

Jon

Jeff Emery May 29th, 2007 04:51 PM

Jon,

Perhaps you'd be willing to share the contract you use. I'd sure like to see it if you're willing to share it.

Jeff

Tomasz Kalinowski May 31st, 2007 06:57 AM

Jeff,
Your contract is perfect. I think, most of it I will put it on my contract. Once I finish, I'll send you a copy.
Thank you,

Tom

Steven Davis May 31st, 2007 07:11 AM

One thing to consider is; experience is the best contract designer. I often modify mine to fit my customer's and my needs.

I think you'll find someone elses contract might not fit the flavor of your market, your client, your business; and you'll need to modify it significantly to fit your profile.

My 2 cents.

Timothy Harry May 31st, 2007 09:52 AM

any way you might want to post that beast here as well?

Jeff Emery May 31st, 2007 03:43 PM

Tomasz- You're quite welcome.

Steven- I agree with your statement "someone elses contract might not fit the flavor of your market, your client, your business." The "Terms and Conditions" on the back of my contract are pretty much the only constants on my contract. On the front, I identify the parties. I have a text box that gets filled in with a detailed description of the services I will provide to that client. Other than being typed into the text box, the description is no different than what could be written on a piece of notebook paper, which it usually is when I meet with a client to find out what they want. The service provided varies with the client. I don't have pre-printed one-size-fits-all service description.

For everyone:
I'd like to point out that I don't have the attitude that MY contract is right for everyone or even for anyone other than me. I didn't consult a lawyer or have it reviewed by one. I'm not interested in paying someone to give me an opinion. I don't use a bunch of legalese. I don't feel the need to have page after page after page of terms, conditions, restrictions, outs, contigencies, and some of the other nonsense that I've heard some videographers put in their contracts. If their contracts works for them, I say more power to them and I wish them continued success.

If you are new to the video business and would like just a bit of help in putting together a useable contract of your own, feel free to email me and I'll send you the link. I suggest you also search around for other contracts that will give you some other ideas. You do need to eventually develop your own contract to fit your needs. My contract is mine. It was designed to fit my needs, not the population's at large. Copy it, adapt it, junk it or whatever. I've put a great deal of time and effort into it but I'm willing to give it away if it can help someone else get some wheels under their video business.

Jeff