DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   My Hummer Videos! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/95240-my-hummer-videos.html)

Ryan Lester May 28th, 2007 10:41 PM

My Hummer Videos!

Hey all.

For the past 4 years i have been doing nothing but Weddings. But i finally got up the courage to go after some 'corporate' type jobs.

My first one was for an Australian Hummer Limo's company who wanted a short 1min WebVideo.

if you head over to www.hummerlimos.com.au and look under their 'Videos' section it should pop up automatically. You'll need Quicktime 7 to view it, which i'm guessing most of you would have.

Sorry to be so excited.............i'm just really quite proud of myself to be honest.

Would love to hear your thoughts including criticsism.

Kim Swift May 28th, 2007 11:09 PM

Congrats! I'm going to see it right now!

Kim Swift May 28th, 2007 11:12 PM

Really good job! :)

Timothy Harry May 29th, 2007 07:11 AM

very nice....

Vince Lucena May 29th, 2007 11:34 AM

Congrats, I hope it was a great learning experience.

Ryan Lester May 29th, 2007 05:56 PM

Cheers guys!

Yeah, it was a top learning experience for me. I would love to do more of this work (just quick little WebVideos) but Australia needs to get it's Internet Speeds up higher like the rest of the world otherwise it makes it hard to sell!

Ben Lynn May 29th, 2007 08:00 PM

Web videos are great and that was a good one. Hopefully you can use it to bring in additional clients.

My comments: Use a tripod as much as possible. The detail shots of the hummer in the first portion of the clip, and the interior shots should have been on a tripod. Not that the average viewer would notice, but it will raise your quality level if you use a tripod for every shot that you can.

I like the editing. Spot on. Excellent music, maybe cut it down to a 60 second spot next time. You had me sold on that company in the first 45 seconds, the rest was just extra.

Great stuff.

Ben

Eric Gan May 30th, 2007 12:44 AM

404 Not Found on the video page :( Did you just DVinfo'd their site?

Nice looking car though...what kind of gas mileage does something like that get?

James Klatt May 30th, 2007 10:15 AM

"what kind of gas mileage does something like that get?"

That's what I was thinking. Hummer isn't required to publish their fuel economy because of their weight. Word is they get about 10 miles per gallon. The limo probably gets even less.

This carbon emmissions are nearly double the Chevy Malibu, and if you get into a collision with one you are pretty much dead with its weight and high bumpers.

They should be illegal. They make me sick.

Nothing personal Ryan, but this product itself is a slap in the face with all that is happening in the world.

Marcus Marchesseault May 30th, 2007 02:54 PM

Nice professional job on the video.

As for mileage, a typical vehicle burns it's own weight in fuel every year. The limousine, when carrying passengers, actually gets relatively good mileage per passenger. It is times when the limo is idling with the A/C on where the waste happens. Hybrid vehicles will solve most of this because the A/C can be run from the battery while waiting for passengers. Fuel cells are another option to run accessories on buses while they are sitting still. Pollution from tour buses idling outside hotels is a nasty problem in Hawaii because it is too uncomfortable to shut off the motor and lose the A/C when it is 90F and humid outside in the summer. A great side benefit of vehicles going part electric will not only be a reduction in pollution: it will be much easier to set up a portable editing bay in a vehicle that has a couple hundred amps of batteries.

Lets not make limousines political.

Tom McDougal June 6th, 2007 11:14 AM

great video...

Only thing i would included was some shots of the features and what is looks at possiblly at night time. You got funky lights, displays going on inside. Users tend to digg those features.

Love the different scense on the ride along, captureing the different angles, etc..

Ryan Lester June 6th, 2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom McDougal (Post 692824)
great video...

Only thing i would included was some shots of the features and what is looks at possiblly at night time. You got funky lights, displays going on inside. Users tend to digg those features.

Love the different scense on the ride along, captureing the different angles, etc..

Yeah, i really wanted some night shots through the city...............Melbourne is such a amazing city at night and it, along with the Hummer, would come up so sexy using my PD170.

The road shots were me in the back of my Jeep Wrangler with the soft top down. :-)