Short Cinematic Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #16
Major Player

the song is called 'The Island Awaits' by the way

and the end title used Shine and Particular (from the Trapcode range)...i've found it's worth spending the time to set something like that up (keyframes + 3D Camera movements) coz now all i have to do is change the names, and use it for other couples :)

cheers for the comments everyone...
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Maybe it's just me, but I found the music and titles to be extremely intense, and way over-the-top. It didn't feel appropriate.

I notice tons of wedding cinematic trailers/montages that are employing motion picture scores and title sequences try to emulate an epic and fairytale delivery that is associated with $200 million dollar Hollywood blockbusters.

You are obviously not alone, since so many other wedding trailers go for this same style.

Is that really what the wedding was like, though? I try to find a way to dramatize without overwhelming the substance of material. It feels so showy. I would much rather like to get a taste of the people's personalities, and try to enhance the material with subtle titles and music. I always feel like people are moved the most when the devices that are dramatizing or elevating the material are invisible. Whenever the style exceeds the weight of the material, I always feel distanced from the subjects, rather than further acquainted.

I don't mean to be so negative. You obviously know your way around a camera and editing suite. Your ceremony and reception are probably really great. I just thought I'd give my honest critique, rather than the old pat on the back.
James Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #18
Major Player

James, i really appreciate your view and to be absolutely honest with you, it literally is just a 30 second intro to the whole DVD, (which is entirely different as you can imagine.) It's almost meant to be OTT and over-dramatic to provide something a little different, and maximum impact for people about to sit down and watch the DVD. it's nice to watch people's faces the first time they see it!

The couples really seem to enjoy seeing themselves in a dramatic, cinematic-esque piece. You have to remember that editing is our thing, but for some people, being put in a completely different environment whether it's a warped photo from photoshop, or a cinematic trailer, can be really exciting when they don't have the knowledge to do that themselves.
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques