Anyone know a good Accountant? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 30th, 2007, 06:08 AM   #1
Major Player

Anyone know a good Accountant?

I'm having problems finding an accountant to help start up my wedding video business. I called referals from friends in other businesses but no call backs. Maybe business is good with tax season and all. Does anyone use someone they would recommend.? I'm weighing getting someone who's recommended -even if it's long distance vs a local unknown. Also, I'm planning to do a S company to protect my personal assets. Is that the way to go? What could I expect for a fee to set this up? I already have an attorney who will take care of the legal work. Any thoughts?
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Who every you go with, make sure they explain charges in plain english. Don't get blind sided by being charged for this and that, if they only told you about this.

Make sure you understand what they are doing and don't give them unlimitted billing, in other words, don't just say, fix this and let me know.
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post
I'm having problems finding an accountant to help start up my wedding video business. I called referals from friends in other businesses but no call backs. Maybe business is good with tax season and all. Does anyone use someone they would recommend.? I'm weighing getting someone who's recommended -even if it's long distance vs a local unknown. Also, I'm planning to do a S company to protect my personal assets. Is that the way to go? What could I expect for a fee to set this up? I already have an attorney who will take care of the legal work. Any thoughts?
Let me tell you about attorneys....they drag their feet, so get your S Corp started now. On the accountant, talk to your personal accountant about doing your business year end stuff, and for book keeping, use quickbooks. Mine suggested I not use quickbooks, but only because he likes a different software that wont work on my mac. He also mentioned a checking account and credit card just for business stuff and turning over the records at year end to him. I liked the quickbooks approach because it gives instant reports, and makes it much easier to give a client a receipt, and still be able to track it later.
www.bandwagonhd.com
Timothy Harry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques