DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding videography in Croatia (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/96002-wedding-videography-croatia.html)

Marko Urbic June 7th, 2007 08:28 AM

Wedding videography in Croatia

Hello!

I've been a reader/learner on this great forum since I started doing weddings about a 1.5 years ago.
The time has come for me to show my wedding samples and get some 'critique' (if that's how it is spelled??) or advice on how to improve my work.
The samples are on my webpage, but I can't put a direct link, because the web is in flash. There is a video section easily found.

www.imagestudio.hr

P.S.
Please, if you reply to my post make sure the link is not visible, so if my bandwith comes to the limit, I can remove the link.
Thanks

Matthew Craggs June 7th, 2007 08:38 AM

The one with the couple walking towards each other on the bench, with the jump cuts (actually, they were dissolves, but I've never heard the term "jump dissolve" before so I'll call it a cut ) was excellent. The freeze frame on the groom in the air and the zoom was very good. I have to be honest, I can see myself ripping that one off. But don't worry, I'm nowhere near Croatia. :)

Jon Omiatek June 7th, 2007 09:07 AM

Nice work!

Jon

Peter Jefferson June 7th, 2007 09:22 AM

Kakosi Bratko (im maco... everyones a Bratko to me..lol )

Mate, this is some of THE best work i have seen in a VERY long time.

Its different, original, very subtle with some of the way youve worked the effects, its doesnt try to be something its not, and its got alot more character than most of the work ive seen in a very long time.

I wish you the best of luck in the future.. but u dont need luck, youve got alot of talent there my friend
Next time u come to Australia drop me a line

One thing though, dont ever forget that you're in this not only for the art, but for the fact that this pays for your bread and butter.
You dont want to spend too much time on one job, because its easy to get carried away and forget that youve got another 5 edits to get through.
And dont think it wont happen, Your work is incredible and you WILL get alot more business very soon.. just get your work out there.

As much as i liked the work, some of it felt as if it was "overworked" but then again, the Euro market (even with the migrants here in Aus) demands this kind of "wow factor" stuff.

The difference is that you have kept the character of the day alive (especially the reception dancefloor scenes.. THE best i have EVER seen for a wedding bar none.. ) god i hate to imagine how many hours that took to cut..

Put it this way, not only did u show your talent in the edit as an editor and shooter, but by doing so in this style, youve kept a decent vibe going with some awesome syncing.. you used the eidt to show the day, not the other way around. Yes the edit was good, but the content is what made it good

Unlike most other work littered out there, the day is NOT there for editors to show off their talent.. the edit is there to show off the day, and thats what youve done successfully
Some people might disagree with me, but if their egos are that big that they believe teh wedding is there for them to show off their talent, then they should get out of the industry.
In the end, our job is to archive the day, everything after that is a bonus.

Another thing is that im a realist, and i always say to ppl to try not to let the work overide the fact that "yes it would be nice" to do all this stuff, but how much $$ is ur time worth.
Try not to let the business hat fall off when your flying with the work

One other thing, dont u just love Croat/Serb/Maco receptions? They always have good lighting :)

Cheers

Sean Seah June 7th, 2007 10:46 AM

Cool stuff. I like the titles.. was it particle illusion or AE?

Zach Stewart June 7th, 2007 12:02 PM

i like it. very nice. is the "time lapse" shot a real time lapse that you set on a motorized tripod? or did you shoot the building and then matte out the clouds and place stock footage of time lapsed clouds in? either way i like the effect. good job.

Travis Cossel June 7th, 2007 02:16 PM

Great work. Great creativity and the footage looks beautiful. Only one thing confused me. I watched 3 or 4 of the videos, and they all seem to be different variations of montages for the same couple, with some of the same shots used in each one. What is the purpose of having multiple montages for the same couple?

Marko Urbic June 7th, 2007 02:34 PM

Thanks for the replies.

The titles are done in AE using particles.

The timelapse was done in post using a moving matt. Nice to see it's not seen as a fake at a first glance.

All 6 clips were taken from my last wedding dvd.
The first and the last are as we call an 'introspective' and 'retrospective'.
They are put at the start and at the end of the dvd and both have similar shots just put at a different way and making sure the introspective doesn't show too much.

Peter Szilveszter June 7th, 2007 08:12 PM

great work, quiet like most of the shots and classy effects that work well.

I miss the european sun light (I am from Hungary originaly) The Australian sunlight is so much more harsher for video/film. :)

Marko Urbic June 11th, 2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson (Post 693349)
Kakosi Bratko (im maco... everyones a Bratko to me..lol )

Mate, this is some of THE best work i have seen in a VERY long time.

Its different, original, very subtle with some of the way youve worked the effects, its doesnt try to be something its not, and its got alot more character than most of the work ive seen in a very long time.

I wish you the best of luck in the future.. but u dont need luck, youve got alot of talent there my friend
Next time u come to Australia drop me a line

One thing though, dont ever forget that you're in this not only for the art, but for the fact that this pays for your bread and butter.
You dont want to spend too much time on one job, because its easy to get carried away and forget that youve got another 5 edits to get through.
And dont think it wont happen, Your work is incredible and you WILL get alot more business very soon.. just get your work out there.

As much as i liked the work, some of it felt as if it was "overworked" but then again, the Euro market (even with the migrants here in Aus) demands this kind of "wow factor" stuff.

The difference is that you have kept the character of the day alive (especially the reception dancefloor scenes.. THE best i have EVER seen for a wedding bar none.. ) god i hate to imagine how many hours that took to cut..

Put it this way, not only did u show your talent in the edit as an editor and shooter, but by doing so in this style, youve kept a decent vibe going with some awesome syncing.. you used the eidt to show the day, not the other way around. Yes the edit was good, but the content is what made it good

Unlike most other work littered out there, the day is NOT there for editors to show off their talent.. the edit is there to show off the day, and thats what youve done successfully
Some people might disagree with me, but if their egos are that big that they believe teh wedding is there for them to show off their talent, then they should get out of the industry.
In the end, our job is to archive the day, everything after that is a bonus.

Another thing is that im a realist, and i always say to ppl to try not to let the work overide the fact that "yes it would be nice" to do all this stuff, but how much $$ is ur time worth.
Try not to let the business hat fall off when your flying with the work

One other thing, dont u just love Croat/Serb/Maco receptions? They always have good lighting :)

Cheers

Sorry, I somehow totaly missed your post.
Thanks for the kind words bratko. It did take me a while to finish this one, because this was my best wedding so I had to give it my best.

Your compliments really give me more confidence that I'm doing good.

Cheers

Rene Roslev June 12th, 2007 12:45 AM

Beautiful images from a beautiful country. Excellent work.

PS: I'm so gonna copy that fake timelapse shot ;)

Raffaele Candela July 14th, 2007 09:10 AM

Title Image studio

Videos are beautiful.
The title of your logo is beautiful.
with which program you have realized it?
I have tried with heroglyph but I do not succeed.
Help me please.

Goodbye from Italy