2 THUMBS UP for the Olympus DS-30! - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 7th, 2008, 07:36 AM   #76
Major Player

Weve just ordered 2 of these and should be here in a couple of days.

What cables will I need so I can hook it up to the DJ's board? I expect I will need a selection to ensure I can connect to most boards?

Thanks
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #77
New Boot

Setup with DS-30

I just bought 2 of these at the Circuit City going-out-business sale. Can someone tell me that exact settings you are using and what kind of results. Also, can you set this near a speaker in the reception and still get good audio?
Brett Weathersby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #78
Inner Circle

I've just purchased and tested an Olympus WS-311M - Awsome! It records about 8 hours at top quality and is small and slim - perfect to slip into a jacket pocket. I'll now use my Zoom H2 for more ambient use or plugging into a church mixing desk.
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 02:05 AM   #79
Regular Crew

Travis Cossel - Thanks for starting this post on the DS-30.... over a year ago!

I was about to order a $500 wireless Sennheiser set this weekend but I'm starting to see the great benefits of off-camera audio recorders (less risk and better audio, dollar for dollar). I'll be ordering two DS-30s for a wedding coming up this January.

This is my first post by the way. Love this forum.
Raymond Tsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #80
Regular Crew

I have both the WS311 and a Zoom H2. In order to get them to sync (and account for drift) properly, I recorded 50 minutes from both the camcorder and the audio recorders with a loud clap at the beginning and at the end. I then synced up the two in Audition (Vegas or Audacity will work too). I then documented the percentage of time stretch needed for each recorder compared to the camcorder. I now just time stretch the audio to those same figures each time I edit to account for drift.
Tom Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques