DVD Cases and more at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 15th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Tourist

DVD Cases and more

I am trying to find a place where I can find professional, interesting, cool looking, modern DVD cases at good prices. I've seen videographers give their final product in leather cases, stainless steel cases or just better looking cases. Does anyone knows a place or a Website where I can find big quantities at a good price. I live in Miami and I am moving to Brazil. Thanks
Igal Mizrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Igal - try these. I ordered some wedding DVD cases from 1stproweddingalbums.com for $15. They look pretty nice.

www.topflightalbums.com <http://www.topflightalbums.com>

http://1stproweddingalbums.zoovy.com
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Still Motion

Igal,

I know you can get nice tin cases at effectuality.com. They work well and are under $1.00 each when order in bulk.

http://www.jewelboxing.com has some neat stuff too.

Patrick
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Igal,

I live in Rio, if you want snazzy cases, buy then before you arrive in Brazil to avoid any costly postage, here you can only find the standard, low quality efforts. 70% are slightly warped which, I suspect, is due to the heat.

Still, I think a well considered, personal, high quality inlay design will score more points than something manufactered to look special. I spend a day designing my inlays and so far all my clients have loved them, first impressions etc. Celophane wraps give a pshycological edge too, gives that shop-bought feel and they are so cheap.

Anyway, if you by-chance are moving to Rio de Janeiro..Me-liga quando voce chegar e nos vamos cervejas!
Dan Burnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #5
Inner Circle

its funny, of all teh fancy pancy cases we can come up with.. the clients prefer the "dvd movie" plastic DVD box style with custom slipcover, chaper list on the back and thumbnals of images.. like a movie box..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson View Post
its funny, of all teh fancy pancy cases we can come up with.. the clients prefer the "dvd movie" plastic DVD box style with custom slipcover, chaper list on the back and thumbnals of images.. like a movie box..
Well, I don't know if there's been some universal poll conducted on what clients prefer but for those videographers that spend hours in photoshop designing and printing artwork for the standard cases an embossed turnkey case for might make more business sense. (Depending on what your time is worth of course).

I still use the 40 cent plastic DVD cases but would consider an alternative if the prices weren't still so high.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #7
Inner Circle

nah rck, i just use templates, tweak teh menu lists as needed and change teh pics around a bit.. takes about 10 minutes tops...

I use a guilotine to cut, so its superfast..

Put it this way, i know for a fact that if i was to offer tehse fancy pants cases, the cleitn
a) Wont want to pay premium for them
b) will want extra copies for family
c) will also want one of the "movie" cases for "everyday" use
d) will end up costing me more time and money to sell and supply vs actual cost and what the clietn is willing to pay..

you know what trully amazes me?
Ive seen Photographers charge up to $55 bux for a 5x7 picture.. and clients are happy to pay this.. why then is a DVD disc with artwork printed, a photographic quality slipcover and a hard case at $33 such a big deal...

THis is what i hate about this industry.. its just backwards that the clients have no understanding as to the value of a product.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques