A Slower Love Story Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 25th, 2007, 02:32 AM   #16
Major Player

right that's confirmed it, if I ever get married, i'm paying for yourself and Jason Magbanua to fly over here and film it, LOL :)
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 02:56 AM   #17
Major Player

That's outstanding Patrick. Not only is the camera work and editing exceptional but you really create a lovely mood with the interviews and music etc ....

Great work.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #18
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield View Post
right that's confirmed it, if I ever get married, i'm paying for yourself and Jason Magbanua to fly over here and film it, LOL :)
Sounds great. Count me in!
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:51 AM   #19
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ebenezer View Post
That's outstanding Patrick. Not only is the camera work and editing exceptional but you really create a lovely mood with the interviews and music etc ....

Great work.
Thanks Matthew. I think it came together pretty well too. The tough thing with these trailers for me is wanting to create that wow factor and get people interested in the love story while at the same time not giving away too much of the best shots or interview comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the whole mood that the clip has- that was what I was trying to add by mixing in those interviews.

Patrick
Old June 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Great work as always. I honestly found nothing to critique really. Just great work.

One question. On your studio lighting setup, how many lights are you using? The hairlight looked great.
Old June 25th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #21
Still Motion

Thanks Travis. I was really happy with the lighting there as well. For that setup I actually went very basic. I had a 5' softbox to the front left of the couple and then a hairlight on a boom behind them and to their right. The boom really let me position it well without havng to worry about it getting in the shots.
Old June 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #22
Inner Circle

That's a great look for only using 2 lights. I figured you must have had the hairlight on a tall stand or a boom. Thanks for the info on your setup.
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
Hi Zach,

I shoot with 3 Canon XHA1s and an HV20.
Hi Patrick,

really nice shots. What do you use the HV20 for? I used mine on the flycam as I was getting really tired lugging the xh-a1 around on it. Just interested to here what you are using yours for.

Also....small aside, which Flash encoder are you using?
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #24
Still Motion

Hi Alastair,

The Hv20 goes on a heavy duty light stand and 12' in the air as a portable balcony when there isn't one. I also use it to capture at the office and for SDEs. I have been mixing the footage from it into some of my highlights clips and it would be hard to pick out which shots were from the cam with the rgight post and lighting up front.

For flash, I'm using virtual hub for mac. It hink it was $25 or so and gives lots of options.

Patrick
Old June 26th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
Hi Alastair,

I'm using virtual hub
Patrick
Did you mean Virtual Dub?

Agree with your comments re the HV20 slotting in well with the XH-A1. I'm seriously impressed. I was using the Vivid Preset on the XH-A1 and only just noticed that the HV20 has a Vivid preset already as a custom preset which would have made things even easier.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #26
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair Brown View Post
Did you mean Virtual Dub?

Agree with your comments re the HV20 slotting in well with the XH-A1. I'm seriously impressed. I was using the Vivid Preset on the XH-A1 and only just noticed that the HV20 has a Vivid preset already as a custom preset which would have made things even easier.
If you wouldn't mind, please PM or email me directly with questions that are completely off track with what the thread is about.

I use Visual Hub for mac.
Old June 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #27
Inner Circle

No, it's Virtual Hub. I just got it recently. Funny, I was just going to ask what data settings you use with that, Patrick.

What bitrate do you set for the Flash video, and do you just set the framerate to 29.97? I'm assuming you use the 2-pass function as well? What about the audio bitrate and Hz? Do you do anything with the "force" function or the "qmin" function?
Old June 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Sorry, posted while you were posting. I'll PM you.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques