My first Trailler in here. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 9th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

My first Trailler in here.

I wanna just let you guys know, I like so much this forum, I had learned a lot here. and also I want to thanks everyone.

www.videoartes.com.br

that's my first video trailler. and I want to hear opnion about it. what´s is wrong in the trailler, and what I have to do to get ir better.
thanks
joel
Joel Rigoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Joel,

Overall, very nice. The couple looked very much in love and seemed easy to film. They were fun to watch. I liked the pacing of your edits. The video flowed nicely. I was also pleasantly surprised to hear a Bebo Norman song. I believe that is off his first album which is a great record. I also really liked the effect in your first shot where it looked like you filmed them on a TV.

Here's my constructive feedback: While I love Bebo Norman, I'm not sure it is the right song. It's a catchy tune, but lyrically I'm not sure it is right. Maybe the couple requested this song. Also, how did you compress the video? It looks like there are interlacing issues. What kind of camera do you have? I think you could have benefited from white balancing each shot and doing some color correction. The colors seemed washed out and some shots seem "hazy". This is a personal preference, but I prefer video with less effects. The black and white and old "film" look are cool, but in moderation. Again, that's a personal preference.

I think you have a very bright future. My feedback are things that are easy to correct. You seem to have the eye and tempo down pat, which are the things that you can't teach. Good luck to you!

- Paul
Paul J Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks paul!
you're right. I'll to fix the interlace problem. actually, I'll make by my self home page, and so far my time is too short.
and the camera that I used was the vx2000.
and the song was selected by the couple.
I'll fix the tuned noise on the start
thanks again paul.
Joel Rigoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

wedding highlight

that´s my new wedding video clip. comments please are welcome!

www.videoartes.com.br
Old December 28th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Rigoni View Post
that´s my new wedding video clip. comments please are welcome!

www.videoartes.com.br
I find you had slow-mo the Casamento Lien & Cleber clips too much when you are using a song such as "far away". It seems to be slowed down to 40%-50% right? Maybe a 70%-80% region will be better.
Kenny Shem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 11:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Overall, I thought it was good. Your choice of effects were very nice. If people don't want some effects in their video they would get Uncle Bob to edit it.

I understand that your clients chose the music and that is fine but I thought the cutting didn't really match the content. Don't get me wrong, I think "cutting to the music" is an essential editing skill but in this case some of the cuts seemed too fast and too "hard" for the content .. even using this song I would have slowed the pace down and bit and maybe thrown in a few more cross dissolves

Still, very nice job
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques